Remote job description
The Second Renaissance is Here. Come Join Us.
Our mission has always been to enable creators to do what they love and get paid by the people who love them. Today, there are over 200,000 creators sharing their work on Patreon, earning over $100M per month from more than 7 million patrons across the world. We're incredibly humbled by the opportunity to help so many creators pursue their dreams and build passionate communities around them. And we're just getting started.
To kick our mission into high gear, we've recently raised a Series F funding round of $155M at a $4B valuation. That's over three times bigger than where we were just six months prior! This is proof of the incredible power and potential of creators, and of building this explosive economy. We've been funding the creative class since 2013 and have raised a total of $410M from the following investors: Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, NEA, Lone Pine Capital, Glade Blook, Tiger Global Management, Woodline Partners, CRV and Wellington.
To learn more about our origin story, check out Guz Raz's How I Built This with Patreon co-founders, Jack Conte and Sam Yam.
Our goal is to transform the Patreon brand to power the growing dreams of our creators, large and small. To do so, we are seeking an experienced copywriter that has helped grow culture-defining brands with smart, creative and effective copy.
What you will do:
- Write (a lot!)
- Concept (a lot!)
- Create original, standout work that puts Patreon at the leading edge of culture
- Partner with others within the marketing team to maintain a consistent brand voice.
- This can mean bouncing between writing scripts for a social media series to concepting a seasonal brand campaign to dreaming up major PR stunts to writing a concise, engaging email series. We do it all.
- Bring the Patreon brand to life across paid, earned, and owned channels in a non-Frankenstein way.
Skills and experience you possess:
- Toggling between concepting/writing social media posts, paid media copy, brand awareness campaigns, and everything in between!
- Effectively communicating with teammates and presenting creative ideas providing clear rationale and insights.
- Juggling several projects at once and being comfortable in the proverbial fast-paced environment.
- Having attention to detail and good grammar skills, because what's the point otherwise?
- 5+ years of agency or in-house experience
Who You'll Work With:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don't know it all, and that's the fun part. Everything gets better when you're curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you're growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
- Want to Learn More About Patreon?
- Check out TechCrunch's article about our focus on membership
- Listen to our CEO Jack and Co-Founder Sam chat with Guy Raz on NPR's How I Built This
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn
Company name: Patreon
Remote job title: Copywriter
Job tags: marketplace, saas / subscription, entertainment, fintech, makers, music