Remote job description
At Chainguard, we are on a mission to secure the software supply chain by default. We are choosing to do this the right way, which is the hard way. Some have even called us "the Justice League of security." Our team is founded by the industry's leading experts on open source software, security and cloud native development and is backed by Sequoia, Amplify Partners, the Chainsmokers and more. Chainguard's product portfolio includes Chainguard Enforce, Chainguard Images and Professional Services. Customers range from Fortune 500 companies in banking, fintech, government and infrastructure to startups and SMBs. Join us as we help organizations secure their software supply chain from source to production.
We live and breathe our company values:
We are customer obsessed - Our true advantage is the strength of our relationships with customers through collaboration, empathy, and responsiveness. We establish trust as we educate, advocate, and listen to their needs. Our focus is on delivering solutions to our customers that create value and make their lives better.
We have a bias for intentional action - We're a start-up and we need to move fast. However we need to move fast through intentional action to make sure we're able to deliver quickly and efficiently on what is most impactful to our collective success. We prioritize, plan, try things, and fail fast. We think about how what we do impacts other teams and communicate our progress - owning the whole solution from start to finish. If we move fast enough, we can make two or three mistakes, learn, and correct them before competitors even make their first decision.
We don't take ourselves too seriously (but we do serious work) - Though we are solving an important problem which takes focus and a degree of seriousness, we don't take ourselves too seriously while we do. We laugh, have fun, embrace uniqueness, and enjoy the journey. Together.
We trust each other and assume good intentions - We hire great team members and trust them to do their work. We're transparent with data, news, and decisions - positive or negative - to empower team members to make well informed decisions. Showing up for each other fully means we celebrate each other's accomplishments as well as give compassionate direct feedback when needed. We always default to assuming good intentions.
The role, in a nutshell:
We are looking for a talented and experienced Web Developer to join our team of marketing professionals. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and managing our existing website and design. You will work with a variety of tools and technologies such as Webflow, Hubspot, GA4, Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console, SEMRush, Figma, Monday, and Looker.
What you'll do:
- Develop and maintain Chainguard's existing website, Chainguard.dev, with best practices for SEO, performance, and accessibility standards
- Shape and implement an overarching web strategy, including site structure, cadence for content updates, and technical SEO strategy
- Collaborate with Product and Education teams on the relationship between the marketing website, subdomains, and product domains
- Implement a QA process including staging, testing, and review.
- Work with the marketing team to develop and implement lead/demand generation and conversion strategies
- Regularly report on, monitor, and analyze site performance
- Ensure technical feasibility of UI/UX designs and making complex technical decisions while implementing UX specifications in code
- Lead and own projects from ideation to completion, including rollout, QA, documentation, monitoring, and analytics within project deadlines
- Continually maintain and improve website performance, A/B testing optimizing speed, usability, and search engine rankings
What we're looking for:
- Advanced Webflow experience and knowledge of best practices required
- Experience with Optimizely or similar tools for experimentation
- Experience with analytics and tracking tools like Google Analytics 4 and Google Tag Manager
- Familiarity with web standards, WCAG compliance, and A11Y accessibility guidelines
- Understanding of SEO standards and best practices
- Understanding of UX principles, UI design best practices, and website experimentation
- GDPR/CAN-SPAM/CCPA familiarity
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical abilities
- Attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
- 2-5 years experience in web development, and working with marketing teams
- Startup experience preferred
A few of the benefits we offer:
- Equity/stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote work with flexible coworking and team meetup opportunities
- Home office and internet stipend
- 100% health/dental/vision insurance coverage for you and your family
If your experience is close but doesn't fulfill all requirements, please apply. Chainguard is on a mission to build the best team. To achieve our goal, we are focused on hiring "Guardians'' with unique backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences.
Chainguard is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Company name: Chainguard
Remote job title: Web Developer
Job tags: ccpa, GDPR, Attention to Detail