Staff Software Engineer Konnect
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong's service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
Follow us on LinkedIn for more "Life at Kong" nuggets! 2020 Kong Summit Highlight Video
About the role:
Powering connections to build a reliable digital world - Kong Enterprise is deployed in companies around the world that need performant, reliable, and scalable services in front of their APIs. Key applications in this offering include Kong Manager, for configuring and monitoring the proxy, and Kong Developer Portal, for publishing API documentation and managing developer experience.
The Staff Software Engineer on this team contributes to all server-side aspects of the web applications included in Kong Konnect: the Konnect web app and developer portal as well as the on-premises web apps Kong Manager and Kong Dev Portal. You will have the opportunity to design and implement solutions for both on-premises and SaaS offerings.
What you will be doing:
- Design, implement and maintain the backends of our web applications, as well as related services, including but not limited to authorization, search, and various persistence services.
- Design, implement and maintain the APIs for those services as well as the user-facing APIs for Konnect applications.
- Write automated tests to ensure code quality.
- Work as an integral part of an agile software development team to build features end-to-end.
- Support those features in the Konnect production environment by participating in an on-call rotation.
- And any additional tasks required by manager
What you'll bring:
- 7+ years working on teams to develop and deploy production web applications.
- Expertise building multi tenant applications (we use Node.js, TypeScript, Nest.js).
- Extensive experience designing and developing microservices and APIs.
- Extensive experience in data modeling and usage of relational and NoSQL databases.
- Expertise designing and implementing distributed systems.
- Proficiency with git and Github workflows.
- Expertise with test-driven development and automated testing.
- Familiarity with frontend frameworks like Vue.js or React.js.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Bonus Points: Hands-on experience with any of the following:
- For the cloud applications;
- Writing and supporting large-scale SaaS solutions
- Observability and tuning of SaaS software
- Nest.js, TypeScript
- For the on-prem applications;
- Lua, OpenResty, Nginx, Cassandra
- What is a Konger? (see our company values below…)
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today's developers build tomorrow's technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we're relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That's why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That's why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we're looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
Global - We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger. We seek to understand different points of view and their implications on work.
Real - We are genuine, principled and confident without an attitude. We seek to understand our own strengths and vulnerabilities. We understand the effect of external factors on ourselves and we manage our own emotions and understand the effect they have on other people.
Unstoppable - We are biased towards action and decision, we persevere and always go the extra mile. We understand how to prioritize and work with urgency and focus. We are self-motivated and exhibit a high personal drive.
Champion - We listen and speak up for customers, community, partners and each other. We have an ability to provide feedback that is specific, constructive and fact-based. We listen, are able to receive feedback without taking it personally and we look at our own performance in order to improve.
Explorer - We challenge the status quo by discovering, innovating, failing fast and learning. We are self-directing and use creativity when solving problems that may be complex and ambiguous. We are adaptable, able to navigate and solve problems, especially in times of rapid change and high-ambiguity.
Staff Software Engineer - Konnect
Tags: api, dev ops / tech ops, infrastructure, open-source, saas, software