Staff Software Engineer, Infrastructure
Remote job description
80% of enterprise data remains unstructured, underpinning critical business workflows and requiring manual processing today. To transform customer experiences, drive bottom-line efficiencies, and achieve full digital transformation, organizations need to automate manual processes reliant on unstructured data.
At Instabase, we're passionate about democratizing access to cutting-edge AI innovation to enable any organization to solve previously unsolvable unstructured data problems in their industry. With customers representing some of the largest financial institutions in the world, and investors like Greylock, Andreessen Horowitz, and Index Ventures, our market opportunity is undeniable.
At the center of our value proposition is our people, and we've built a fearlessly experimental, endlessly curious, customer focused team who together, are fundamentally changing how developers build and distribute intelligent business applications. Remote-first, at 300 employees and growing, and with office hubs in San Francisco, Menlo Park, New York, London and Bangalore, we're looking to add to our talent community so we can continue to harness the power of deep learning to transform our customer's most complex business processes.
Come help us build for the next stage of growth and scale -- accelerate your career with Instabase!
Our Engineering Team architects the underlying operating system, core services, platform infrastructure, dev toolkits, core algorithms, machine learning models, packaged end-user apps, and app store marketplace. Instabase engineers are excited to solve hard problems for complex organizations and are self-starters from day one.
What you'll do
- You will set direction not only for your team but will help guide Instabase's engineering vision
- You will architect important systems and anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via thoughtful long-term planning
- You will write code as we expect our technical leadership to be in the trenches alongside junior engineers, understanding root causes and leading by example
- You will mentor engineers, both junior and senior
- You will own relationships with other engineering teams and collaborate with other functions within Instabase
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 10+ years of professional software development experience
- Solid CS fundamentals with experience across a range of disciplines, with one or more area of deep knowledge and experience
- Proven track record of senior technical leadership
- Strong knowledge of shipping impactful and complex software projects
- Ability to set technical and cultural standards for engineers
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Instabase is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in all forms. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other unlawful factor. Instabase complies with local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Company name: Instabase
Remote job title: Staff Software Engineer, Infrastructure