Staff Software Engineer, Fullstack Ads
Remote job description
Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there's a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. This role is completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
We're evolving and continuing our mission to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Providing a delightful and relevant experience to our users applies to our Ads like all of our offerings, and we're excited to build a product that is best-in-class for our users and advertisers. The year ahead is a busy one!
The Ad Formats Innovation is devoted to building one-of-a-kind promoted experiences that delight users and advertisers alike. We lead the end-to-end design and implementation of ad formats and injection, and our work spans from backend services to every Reddit client (Desktop, iOS, Android). As a team focused on innovation, revenue isn't our only goal - providing unique experiences that push the envelope is just as important. We have lots of exciting user research and ideas that we're ready to make a reality.
A Few Areas We Want To Explore Include
- Making it easier for advertisers to be part of the conversation on Reddit
- Letting advertisers showcase posts and discussions about their brand
- Allowing advertisers to leverage Reddit's live audio and video products
If you appreciate real technical challenges and you'd like to be part of the team that makes Reddit a sustainable, long-term business, come join us!
- Work with product managers to design and implement Ads products.
- Collaborate closely with the platform and data teams while building new features.
- Lead the processes needed to improve operational stability, including improving code quality, delivering dashboards and data visualizations.
- Build extendable components that would align with the product objectives.
- Support day to day project management tasks including communicating project updates, managing project timelines and overseeing project execution.
- 5+ years of software development experience in frontend development and web based technologies, frameworks and tools.
- Able to take complete ownership of a feature or project.
- Good understanding of large scale web service design.
- An interest in the advertising business and understanding customer needs is a plus.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Retirement Savings plan with matching contributions
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
Company name: reddit
Remote job title: Staff Software Engineer, Fullstack Ads
Job tags: advertising, Service Design, Frontend Web Development
location or timezoneBritish Columbia, Canada
posted60 days ago