Staff Software Engineer DataAPI
Remote job description
Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, with over 100,000 active communities and over 70 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is a platform that both celebrates and benefits from our user's creativity. Tens of thousands of developers are already building against our API, but we can do so much more.
You'll play a pivotal role in sculpting our real-time streaming data API. We are seeking a Staff Backend Engineer with a unique blend of skills and a wealth of experience to contribute to our innovative endeavors. In this pivotal role, you will be instrumental in developing and maintaining our cutting-edge data APIs. You'll collaborate with colleagues from various backgrounds and specialties, harnessing our collective strengths to design and implement scalable and efficient solutions tailored to our business's multifaceted needs. If you're passionate about making a significant impact and thrive in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment, then we're excited to welcome you to our team!
What You'll Be Working On
- Building a platform that is highly available, extremely reliable, low on latency, and at internet scale.
- Evolving Reddit's public API and capabilities towards a cleaner, elegant Developer Experience.
- Building the technical foundation for future features and experiences.
- Creating a collaborative and supportive team with a strong sense of ownership.
Who You Might Be
- Likely 7+ years of industry experience in backend, infrastructure, developer tools, or app platforms.
- Technical leader in the execution of large scale projects from 0 to 1.
- Go, Typescript, Kubernetes experience.
- Mentoring and coaching other engineers as well as leading by example strong software engineering best practices.
- Passion for developing scalable, well-designed software that people love.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. On our team, everyone needs to act like a startup CEO. You must be self-directed, innovative, and biased towards action in fast-paced environments. You live to build new things and thrive in ambiguity and even failure.
- Excellent communication skills. You must be able to collaborate effectively with teams in a fully-remote environment, and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Build and maintain the backend services powering the developer platform.
- Build new, standard APIs to empower the Reddit community.
- Contribute to the entire development cycle: technical design, development, test, experimentation, analysis, and launch. You'll be reviewing code and design docs, giving feedback on product specs and mocks.
- Contribute meaningfully to team strategy. We give everyone a seat at the table and encourage active participation in planning for the future.
- OSS contributions
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.The base pay range for this position is:
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
Company name: reddit
Remote job title: Staff Software Engineer DataAPI
Job tags: TypeScript, Large-Scale Projects, developer tools