Remote job description
Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there's a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Our community of users generates over 100B analytics events per day, each of which is ingested by the Data Infrastructure team into a data warehouse that sees 55,000+ daily queries. With Reddit's continued growth,
As a staff engineer, you will partner with your team and partner teams like machine learning, and Ads to create and improve scalable, fault tolerant, self-serve systems. You will also create and execute a strategy to ensure a high level of end-to-end data quality and help shape the data culture across all of Reddit!
How you will contribute:
- Contribute to developing the team and organization's long term strategy
- Refine and maintain our data infrastructure technologies to support real-time analysis of hundreds of millions of users.
- Own the data pipeline that surfaces 65B+ daily events to all teams, and the tools we use ingestion, storage and to improve data quality.
- Mentor other engineers on how to design, build, and evangelize services used by hundreds of engineers across Reddit
- 7+ years of coding experience in a production setting writing clean, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with stakeholders in engineering, data science, machine learning, and product.
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages such as Scala, Python, Go, or Java.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical field.
- Experience working with Terraform, Helm, Prometheus, Docker, Kubernetes, and CI/CD.
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is: $198,200 - $297,300
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.Summary
Company name: reddit
Remote job title: Staff Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure
Job tags: Docker, helm, Golang
location or timezone
yearly salary range$198,200 - 297,300
posted75 days ago