Staff Software Engineer, Cloud Execution
Remote job description
dbt Labs was founded in 2016 to empower analysts to create and disseminate organizational knowledge. Since then, we've grown to become one of the leading brands in the analytics industry. Our product, dbt, is used by thousands of companies. dbt Labs is a remote-first, values-driven company with a globally distributed team. You can learn more about our values here.
About the Cloud Execution Team:
Our Cloud Execution team is building the next-generation system to power dbt execution for our customers, partners, and internal stakeholders. We're looking for a Software Engineer to work on large-scale distributed systems. The work is visible, impactful, and challenging.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Create a reliable, available, and low-latency runtime for dbt.
- Collaborate across teams and stakeholders to define cloud use cases and set performance goals; communicate architectural tradeoffs and the impact on performance characteristics of the systems you build.
- Support a culture of growth and learning through the mentorship of engineers inside your team and across engineering.
- Work with a variety of languages and technologies, including Kubernetes, Go, Python, Postgres, AWS, and Azure.
- Have 10+ years experience as a software engineer OR
- Minimum requirement of bachelor's degree in a related field (computer science, computer engineering, etc.) OR
- Completed enrollment in engineering related bootcamp
You are a good fit if you:
- Are not afraid of ambiguous problems with broad impact; you have a successful track record of defining key outputs and helping teams break big projects into executable plans
- Have experience with Kubernetes, distributed systems, services, and containerization
- Make tradeoffs to ship useful features today without sacrificing long-term quality
- Communicate complex subjects clearly to both engineers and stakeholders. dbt Labs has a strong written culture.
You'll have an edge if you:
- Have experience building on multiple cloud providers
- Have experience in platform security
- Have experience working on a distributed team. Today, most of our team resides in the United States, but we have colleagues everywhere and plan to expand GTM operations globally
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary: $213,000-$288,000
- Equity Stake*
- Benefits: In the US, dbt Labs offers unlimited vacation (and yes we use it!), 401k w/3% guaranteed contribution, excellent healthcare, paid parental leave and a home office stipend. For employees outside the United States, dbt Labs offers a competitive benefits package.
*Equity or comparable benefits may be offered depending on the legal limitations
What to expect in the hiring process (all video interviews unless accommodations are needed):
- Interview with a Talent Acquisition Partner
- Technical Interview with Hiring Manager
- Team Interviews with members of our Product and Engineering teams
- Final interview with one of our Values Carriers
Who we are
At dbt Labs, we have developed strong opinions on how companies should practice analytics.
Specifically, we believe that:
- Code, not graphical user interfaces, is the best abstraction to express complex analytic logic
- Data analysts should adopt similar practices and tools to software developers
- Critical analytics infrastructure should be controlled by its users as open source software
- Analytic code itself - not just analytics tools - will increasingly be open source
It turns out that a lot of other people believe this too! Today, there are 9,000 companies using dbt every week, 30,000 practitioners in the dbt Community Slack, and 1,800 companies paying for dbt Cloud. Our customers include JetBlue, Hubspot, Vodafone New Zealand, and Dunelm. dbt is synonymous with the practice of analytics engineering, defining an entire industry. We're backed by top investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, and Altimeter. We recently raised our series D: read the announcement here!
dbt Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We're committed to building an inclusive team that welcomes a diversity of perspectives, people, and backgrounds regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or any other protected status. We feel strongly that whether or not your experience exactly fits the job description, your passion and skills will stand out and set you apart even if your career has taken some twists and turns. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway! Please reach out to us directly at email@example.com if you need assistance or an accommodation.
Want to learn more about our focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at dbt Labs? Check out our DEI page here.
dbt Labs reserves the right to amend or withdraw the posting at any time.Privacy Notice
Supplement to Privacy Notice - Californians
Supplement to Privacy Notice - EEA/UK
Company name: dbt Labs
Remote job title: Staff Software Engineer, Cloud Execution
Job tags: Marketing Strategy
location or timezone
yearly salary range$213,000 - 288,000
posted70 days ago