Staff Software Engineer
Remote job description
Want to work at one of Nashville's Best Places to Work? What about an Inc 5000 fastest growing privately held company in America (4 years in a row)? Now's your chance!
We're looking for a Staff Software Engineer to help us take the software at FreightWise to the next level. The ideal candidate will be an excellent technical leader and will have experience developing and supporting client facing applications in time-critical production environments.
As a Staff Software Engineer for FreightWise, you will get the chance to be creative. We move fast, deploy often, and make improvements quickly - no several month long development cycles. You will lead feature design and development, guide code reviews, lead architecture discussions, and ship code you and others have written to production.
We don't limit ourselves to specific sets of technology, and we're always re-evaluating our choices and making changes when justified. That being said, we use a lot of Node.JS, PostgreSQL, and products from Amazon Web Services.
This position is primarily remote; however, office space is available if preferred.
What we expect from you:
- 6+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of experience with AWS or Node.JS and Angular.JS, React.JS, or Vue.JS
- Experience acting as a technical lead on multiple projects
- Experience guiding feature development from concept through completion
- Relational DB experience
- Terraform or Cloudformation experience would be a plus
- Solving problems & researching solutions independently
- Asking questions & thinking outside the box
What you can expect from us:
- Work / life balance
- Chances to work with new technologies
- Access to benefits with Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, 401(k) with matching, and paid holidays/vacations
- Additional perks like 1Password Family and DoorDash Premium
- Udemy Business subscription with built-in learning time
Easy and transparent interview process (no live coding):
- In-house recruiter screen (15 minutes)
- Intro call with technical leadership (30-45 minutes)
- Take home coding exercise (1-2 hours)
- Virtual on-site technical interview (debugging, talking through take home exercise, meet the team, leadership questions) (2-3 hours)
- Offer extended
Interested? Send an email to email@example.com with the following:
- A challenging situation that occurred on a team project, and how you guided the team through solving it
- A description of one of your favorite projects and what you enjoyed about it
- A resume, LinkedIn, or other form of telling us who you are and why you're a good fit
- Your favorite scene from The Office
- Any example code, open source contributions, etc that you would like us to see
- If you would like, the answers to our software test: https://s3.amazonaws.com/com.freightwisellc.assets/files/software-test.zip.
Inc. 5000 is a registered trademark of Mansueto Ventures LLC.Summary
Company name: FreightWise LLC
Remote job title: Staff Software Engineer
Job tags: Supply Chain, Computer Software, Logistics Technology