Staff Software Engineer
Remote job description
Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there's a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
Reddit is poised to rapidly innovate and grow like no other time in its history. This is a unique opportunity to leave your mark on one of the most influential and trafficked corners of the internet
The Channels team at Reddit's mission is to send the right content to the right user at the right time using the right channel. We deliver over half a billion push notifications and emails to Reddit users every day. With Reddit's growth trajectory, we are starting a re-architecture for the next order of magnitude.
As a Staff Engineer, you'll lead a team of very talented senior engineers in our effort to completely rewrite the infrastructure of our notifications system such that we scale to meet our demand in growth, and help develop innovative new capabilities to reach our users. With our small focused team, your work will directly impact hundreds of millions of users around the world. Join us and help build the future of Reddit!
- Expertise in one or more of the following:
- Experience with diagnosing and optimizing backend performance, especially in regards to increasing throughput, stability, or automated scaling.
- Designing or re-architecting systems to scale to millions of users (more than 100k req/s or op/s)
- Distributed system and cloud infrastructure experience a plus
- A past track record of Quality, for example:
- enabling a testing culture, such as unit testing, setting up load testing framework, enabling local testing or other automated testing.
- Structurally improving the resiliency and fault tolerance of systems or code
- Collaboration skills: you work well with a team, but also help level-up those around you.
- You may demonstrate skills in one or more of the following: written/verbal communication, project leadership, mentorship, negotiating conflict, or engineering culture improvements.
- You embody our company value of Evolve: you view challenges as learning opportunities and continuously seek to improve.
- Annual Personal & Professional development funds
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- 401k Matching
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Monthly Global Wellness Days
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.Summary
Company name: reddit
Remote job title: Staff Software Engineer
Job tags: Distributed Systems, Cloud Infrastructure