Staff Engineer Developer Experience
Remote job description
Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there's a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
"The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
The mission of the Developer Experience team is to design, develop, and support tools and processes that make common developer workflows efficient and reliable.
Some of our present and future challenges include:
- Building a strong cloud staging development story for the entire company.
- Re-envisioning our service frameworks and tooling integrations to increase developer efficiency, confidence, and service reliability.
As a staff engineer on this team, you'll be immediately responsible for building and driving a vision for our service framework in multiple language implementations. You'll draw on your technical expertise and leadership skills to ensure this framework and the existing constellation of developer tooling is cohesive and provides maximum value to an ever growing engineering organization. You'll look for ways to bring in good ideas from other peers and also for opportunities to engage with org, presenting and sharing the team's accomplishments.
What You'll Do
- Steer: Work with the team to select, scope, and drive high leverage projects that align with Reddit's goals.
- Build: Execute on a strategy and create more efficient, more reliable developer workflows.
- Amplify: Mentor other ICs and be a technical leader for the DevProd team.
- Collaborate: Work together with a variety of teams across Reddit Engineering.
- Evolve: Learn and improve your own technical and non-technical abilities.
What You'll Have
- 7+ years of experience identifying and driving high impact projects that align with the company's strategy.
- 3+ years of software development experience.
- 3+ years experience working on developer tools, library development, API design.
- High empathy, excellent communication skills, and the ability to find compromise working across the entire engineering org.
- History of mentorship and technical leadership.
- Kubernetes experience is a big plus.
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- Retirement Savings plan with matching contributions
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
Company name: reddit
Remote job title: Staff Engineer Developer Experience
Job tags: Developer Experience, Kubernetes, developer tools