Remote job description
At Chainguard, we are on a mission to secure the software supply chain by default. We are choosing to do this the right way, which is the hard way. Some have even called us "the Justice League of security." Our team is founded by the industry's leading experts on open source software, security and cloud native development and is backed by Sequoia, Amplify Partners, the Chainsmokers and more. Chainguard's product portfolio includes Chainguard Images and Chainguard Services. Customers range from Fortune 500 companies in banking, fintech, government and infrastructure to startups and SMBs. Join us as we help organizations secure their software supply chain from source to production.
We live and breathe our company values:
We are customer obsessed - Our true advantage is the strength of our relationships with customers through collaboration, empathy, and responsiveness. We establish trust as we educate, advocate, and listen to their needs. Our focus is on delivering solutions to our customers that create value and make their lives better.
We have a bias for intentional action - We're a start-up and we need to move fast. However we need to move fast through intentional action to make sure we're able to deliver quickly and efficiently on what is most impactful to our collective success. We prioritize, plan, try things, and fail fast. We think about how what we do impacts other teams and communicate our progress - owning the whole solution from start to finish. If we move fast enough, we can make two or three mistakes, learn, and correct them before competitors even make their first decision.
We don't take ourselves too seriously (but we do serious work) - Though we are solving an important problem which takes focus and a degree of seriousness, we don't take ourselves too seriously while we do. We laugh, have fun, embrace uniqueness, and enjoy the journey. Together.
We trust each other and assume good intentions - We hire great team members and trust them to do their work. We're transparent with data, news, and decisions - positive or negative - to empower team members to make well informed decisions. Showing up for each other fully means we celebrate each other's accomplishments as well as give compassionate direct feedback when needed. We always default to assuming good intentions.
The role, in a nutshell:
As a Solutions Architect, you will be part of the customer facing engineering team, known as Customer Engineering, working in direct partnership with our customers. You are an experienced technologist, who has a passion for security and highly complex technical problem solving. You enjoy helping customers see the full value in product offerings, educating and enabling, and helping troubleshoot a wide variety of complex technical issues. As the closest technical team member in contact with our customers, you not only are the "face of Chainguard" to our end users, you will have an opportunity to directly collaborate and innovate with the product and engineering team to ensure we are supporting and continuing to build solutions that our customers love.
What you'll do:
- Actively work on an dynamic development team of Solutions Architects
- Partner with the team to define product scope & vision of projects
- Run, build, and manage technical implementations and custom architecture work for customers using technologies such as: kubernetes, sigstore, OCI, GitHub Actions, terraform, and sboms.
- Be accountable for technical design and conclusions (i.e. complex resolutions, feature enablement) for customers
- Ability to communicate technical information in highly technical and non-technical way, depending on the audience, which includes various personas such as engineers and executives
- Establish and maintain an appropriate application-level architecture for the team
- Ensure products that customers interact with is of highest quality - acting as "customer zero" - testing, documenting, and ensuring a smooth customer onboarding experience
- Partner with our Engineering team, security, and others to understand and maintain standards and solutions
- Actively seeks new technologies, patterns, and practices, and implements these in consultation and partnership with Engineering
- Mentor and promote technical design, coding, and testing competencies to customers and end users
- Be a team player - collaborating, teaching, and learning from the Customer Engineering team
What we're looking for:
- You must be a curious individual who is continuously learning, has a strong intellectual drive for excellence, and has the desire to develop solutions to complex problems
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree with a major in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience developing high performance multi-tier applications
- Strong working experience with software development processes, practices, and software engineering design concepts
- Ability to work effectively with cross functional engineering teams and business partners
- Ability to design systems using complex relational database systems and related software frameworks
- Experience translating processes and requirements into system and data models, including strong API design skills
- Experience with modern security standards and protocols
- Possess excellent software architecture design, problem solving skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
A few of the benefits we offer:
- Equity/stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote work with flexible coworking and team meetup opportunities
- Home office and internet stipend
- 100% health/dental/vision insurance coverage for you and your family
If your experience is close but doesn't fulfill all requirements, please apply. Chainguard is on a mission to build the best team. To achieve our goal, we are focused on hiring "Guardians'' with unique backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences.
Chainguard is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Company name: Chainguard
Remote job title: Solutions Architect
Job tags: Software Development Processes, Database Arch/Design, System Architecture