Software Engineering Manager, VMware Carbon Black
Remote job description
VMware Carbon Black Engineering team is staffed by fantastic engineers who are building innovative, world class security solutions using the latest cloud technologies. Our mission is to transform security through big data and analytics in the cloud. We are ingesting petabytes of data and using state of the art techniques to deliver prevention and detection capabilities in real time, at scale.
What You'll Do
VMware Carbon Black team in Bulgaria is growing and we are looking for a results-oriented Engineering Manager that will help us in this journey of building a diverse team that will operate in a highly distributed environment. You will be leading one or more scrum teams, work with product management and partnering engineering managers in order to deliver and sustain high quality products that satisfy our customer needs.
What You'll Bring
- Project management experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience in establishing "you build it, you run it" engineering culture
- Experience in a matrix reporting structure (solid/ dotted line reporting of engineers within the team)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operational health
- Experience collaborating with other technical teams, senior management, and customers
- Ability to effectively determine and manage priorities independently
- Ability to refine requirements and instill quality practices in the development process
- Ability to attract top talent and incorporate them into a highly functional and fun team
- Experience operating in an AWS or other cloud environment, including an understanding of costs
- 3-5 years as a Software Development Manager
- 5+ years as a Software Engineer
- Experience in distributed systems and service-oriented architectures
- Background and/or interest in Security
- Understanding in NoSQL and/or Search Indexing technologies
- Experience in CI/CD Environments
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Company: VMware Bulgaria
Job title: Software Engineering Manager, VMware Carbon Black at VMware Bulgaria (Sofia, Bulgaria) (allows remote)
Job tags: cloud, microservices, distributed computing