Software Engineer Streaming and APIs
Remote job description
We are looking for an innovative, passionate software engineer to join Lookout's Security Platform Organization. You'll be a key part of a dynamic team that architects, builds and maintains Lookout's Streaming and Query Platform.
Do you love learning how to solve complex problems at scale? Do you love learning new frameworks and technologies? Then Lookout could be the perfect place for you, with the ability to work remotely!
What you'll do:
- You will be part of a dynamic and technically diverse group of engineers, where you will get to drive, contribute, influence, learn and grow top notch technical skill sets, while building key features for our researchers and security services.
- Design and implement large scale, low latency microservices, including discovering and solving complex issues at scale.
- We believe in, and practice, end to end service ownership, so you will fully participate in the ownership of your services and components, including on-call duties.
- Quality is the forefront of all we do, so you will assist with improving all forms of automated testing (unit, integration, functional etc).
- Help troubleshoot, analyze and root cause issues in the platform.
- Taking an active role in mentoring and growing junior Engineers.
- You will work on microservices built with Ruby and Scala, on the AWS Cloud.
What we're looking for:
- Professional experience with Object Oriented or Functional programming languages (Java, Scala, etc).
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field/degree, and/or equivalent work experience.
- A fun and positive attitude!
- Any Experience with functional programming using TypeLevel Scala (cats-effect, FS2, etc)
- Experience with Kubernetes, container technology (Docker, ECS, EKS).
- We are going multi-cloud soon, so experience with both AWS and GCP will be huge!
- Experience with ElasticSearch.
Company name: Lookout
Remote job title: Software Engineer Streaming and APIs
Job tags: saas / subscription, freemium, licensing, communications, enterprise, mobile, security, software