Software Engineer Intern
Remote job description
Internship Program Overview:
Our goal is to provide a meaningful and hands-on summer work experience in a high-growth start-up. This will be a full-time, paid 10-week internship program beginning Monday, June 5th, 2023
- Job Type: Intern
- Compensation: $25/hr
- Application deadline: March 24th, 2023
- Program date: June 5th, 2023 - August 12th, 2023
- Location: Remote
Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our high-growth and innovative customers. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch is a Virtual First Workplace with SF, Chicago, and NYC office locations. This role can be based anywhere in the U.S. as long as you can work our Vouch core collaboration hours (8:30 am-2:30 pm Pacific Time.)
We are looking for a Software Engineering Intern to join our Engineering Organization. Our team is committed to building technology solutions that solve our customers' problems & advance the business objectives of Vouch. We focus on delivering the core functionality that enables Vouch (business & engineering) to operate & grow efficiently. As an intern at Vouch, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with senior engineers and build exciting tools at the core of our product.
- Help design, build, and maintain services across our engineering stack
- Work and collaborate with senior engineers to deliver projects within the core functionality that enables Vouch
- Build features in React, NestJs and/or Ruby on Rails codebases
- Participate in brainstorming, retrospectives, sprint planning, and team game times!
- Recent bootcamp graduate or currently a junior or senior pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Enthusiasm and passion for new technologies and interest in learning new skills
- Thrives in a highly collaborative, remote team environment
Nice to have:
- Exposure to and passion for early-stage startups and/or high growth environments
- A background in insurance or other regulated categories
Tools & Technologies at Vouch:
- Ruby on Rails, TypeScript, React, PostgreSQL
- Cypress, Jest, RSpec
- AWS (Lambda, SQS, API Gateway, etc) + Serverless, CircleCI
- GitHub, Figma, Atlassian Stack (Jira, Confluence, OpsGenie)
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Wellness allowance ($80)
- Cell phone/Internet allowance ($50/month)
Vouch believes in putting our people first, and building a diverse team is at the front of everything we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ranges of abilities. We are an equal-opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. (#LI-DNI)
Company name: Vouch
Remote job title: Software Engineer Intern
location or timezone
posted33 days ago