Software Engineer Editor
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you're looking to work at a dynamic company who is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
The Figma editor is the heart and soul of our product. We're constantly designing and building new innovative features to speed up designer workflows. The editor is built on a stack of C++/WebAssembly and TypeScript, but we don't expect you to have prior experience in those specific languages.
The Figma editor is setting a new benchmark for what is possible to do on the web. By using the latest web APIs and a C++ code base, we are able to build a high performance graphics application that work well even with intermittent internet connectivity. Something previously thought only possible as a native application.
But we are never done and are always thinking about ways to further improve the infrastructure and performance. Figma is also the only professional design tool to support realtime collaboration, which deeply affects how we craft both UX and data models.
We work in a highly collaborative environment, where most projects are owned by small groups of 2-3 people. We strive to foster a positive, inclusive culture - you can read more about our engineering values on our blog.
This is a fulltime role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the continental United States.
What you'll do:
- Ramp up into a high performance, interactive, and multiplayer system. Throughout your time at Figma, you'll be learning!
- Collaborate closely with other engineers, product managers, and designers.
- Build highly interactive features, optimize performance, or work with complex data models.
- Problem solve with your teammates. Almost all projects are staffed with small teams of 2-3 engineers.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Proactive communication skills and a desire to work in a collaborative environment.
- An interest in learning from others and digging into new challenges.
- An inclusive and collaborative attitude towards building features, solving problems, and growing teams.
Read more about our team:
- Behind the feature: shedding light on shadow spread
- How to build a plugin system on the web and also sleep well at night
- How Figma's multiplayer technology works
- Behind the feature: the making of the new Auto Layout
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Software Engineer - Editor
Tags: design, freemium, mobile, photos, saas / subscription, software