Software Engineer, Ads
Remote job description
Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there's a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there's a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 50 million daily active uniques, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
We're evolving and continuing our mission to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Providing a delightful and relevant experience to our users applies to our Ads like all of our offerings, and we're excited to build a product that is best-in-class for our users and advertisers. The year ahead is a busy one!
The mission of the Brand Measurement and Suitability team is to provide advertisers with the data and tools to show that they belong on Reddit. We're a small team that builds full stack, high scale products that span Reddit's consumer-facing apps and ads systems. We own integrations with metrics verification and brand safety partners and operate services that scale to reliably handle tens of millions of requests per day.
We're small, scrappy, and are able to execute on our most critical pillars with outsized impact:
- Brand Suitability - Build industry leading tools for advertisers to control what content is appropriate for their ads to appear alongside.
- Measurement - Increase confidence in the effectiveness of Reddit's ads platform with third party verification where necessary and first party tools where possible. Our flagship product will be a brand new, in-house survey tool that offers advertisers statistically sound insights into their audiences.
If you appreciate real technical challenges and you'd like to be part of the team that makes Reddit a sustainable, long-term business, come join us!
- Work with product managers to design and implement Ads products.
- Collaborate closely with the platform and data teams while building new features.
- Lead the processes needed to improve operational stability, including improving code quality, delivering dashboards and data visualizations.
- Build extensible components that would align with the product objectives.
- Support day to day project management tasks including communicating project updates, managing project timelines and overseeing project execution.
- 2+ years of software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages (Java, Scala, Go, C++, Python).
- Able to take complete ownership of a feature or project.
- An interest in the advertising business and understanding customer needs is a plus.
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is: USD $124.900 - $187.400
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
Company name: reddit
Remote job title: Software Engineer, Ads
Job tags: advertising, Java, C/C++
location or timezone
yearly salary range$124,900 - 187,400
posted74 days ago