Senior Software Engineer, ViewerX
Remote job description
Loom is the video communication platform for async work that helps companies communicate better at scale. Loom makes it easy to record quick videos of your screen and camera and instantly share them with a link. More than 14M users across more than 200k companies around the world trust Loom to share feedback, updates, intros, training, and more ?" every day. Founded in late 2015, Loom has raised $203M from world-class investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Iconic, and Coatue.
Empowering effective communication at work means much more than simply creating a simple and fast video recording product. Here at loom we spend a lot of time thinking about the person on the receiving end of that video too. Our viewer experience team focuses on creating a fast and reliable video playback experience with useful engagement features that transform a video into a conversation, helping our customers eliminate meetings from their calendars.
Loom is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with full-stack experience and a passion for frontend performance to join our viewer experience team. On this team you will continue to develop and improve our video player and craft experiences around video playback on our video share page and embeddable video player.
- Own implementation and delivery of new features within our viewing experiences.
- Lead efforts to improve application performance and reliability across our frontend codebase.
- Set technical direction, create tools, and develop systems which empower other engineers to amplify their impact and velocity
What We're Looking For
- A track record of shipping widely-used products with high-quality user interfaces using React or similar UI frameworks.
- Familiarity and proficiency in working with backend technologies.
- Willingness to dive into unfamiliar technologies, and experience doing so.
- Demonstrated experience leading overall design and implementation of features involving extensive collaboration with other engineers, product, and design.
- Previous experience with design systems, video technologies, GraphQL, Typescript, or React are a plus.
How We WorkFreedom and Flexibility: At Loom, we believe work is an act, not a place. When we disengage work from a location, we can accommodate a broad range of life choices. You can choose to work from home or while you travel. We are able to hire across the United States and are continuing to expand our international presence. And you are free to move within a country without any adjustment to compensation.
Engaging Workday: The key to an engaging workday is finding the right balance between different ways to work sync, async, text and video. Loom makes it easier for us to say what we mean without having to schedule a zoom meeting or struggle to find the right words. And using async communication allows us to free up time for deep work every day. We believe there's a place for sync time - often a conversation on Zoom is exactly what is needed. For team meetings, this 'sync time' is typically between 9AM-Noon PT given where the overlap of timezones where Loommates are located.
Work-Rest Balance: The way we balance the fast-paced demands of a high-growth startup and sustainability is making rest a priority. We offer a flexible PTO policy so you're able to take time off when you need it. We also go fully offline for Summer Break around 4th of July and between Christmas and New Years. Rest is also part of the workday, not just during PTO. Taking a break for personal commitments, whether it's watching the kids or getting some exercise is a natural part of the workday.
Social Connection: Relationships and connectedness matter. We are intentional about building trust and relationships through unique, shared experiences. Our virtual workspace keeps us connected day-to-day whether it's through Looms celebrating wins or our buzzing Slack communities. Loommates are able to meet in person with their teams at least twice a year purely for fun. We have also built local offices for those who want to work or meet in person, starting with San Francisco and New York City.
Perks at Loom
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- 99% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Professional development reimbursement
- Wellness stipends
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Remote work opportunities
- Home office & technology reimbursement
Loom = Equal Opportunity EmployerWe are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.
Company name: Loom
Remote job title: Senior Software Engineer, ViewerX
Job tags: Recording, Full Stack Development