Senior Software Engineer: TypeScript/Python
Remote job description
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.3T U.S. construction industry. We strive to empower lenders, owners, builders, and vendors with innovative software, payment products & services that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity and collaboration to ensure better cost management as capital flows into and throughout the construction industry. Founded in 2015, Built now serves more than 140 of the top financial institutions in the US and Canada, including 35+ of the top 100 US construction lenders.
In addition to our recent $88M Series C funding, we're proud to have been named one of Forbes' Top 100 Startup Employers in America for 2021. Bringing on the "best talent in the world" is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory—and we want you to be part of it.
As a technical contributor and leader, you will be entrusted with ensuring the quality and delivery of Built's newest features. This objective requires closely working your team and other engineering teams to deliver a world-class experience for new and current Built clients. Success in this role will be measured by delivering the right solutions at the right time.
In this Role, You Will:
- Ship client-facing features with quality and integrity.
- Participate in architectural, product, and technical design conversations.
- Encourage and build up your teammates.
- Services are Built on Python, Docker, and AWS.
- Frontend development is built on React, Redux, Typescript, Jest, Enzyme, Selenium.
- Some existing systems are built on PHP. These are being refactored to be simplified and moved into separate Python services.
- We care a lot about quality and safety in our codebase.
What we need you to bring:
- Ideally, you'd already have experience in React and Python. Full-stack development is strongly preferred, but mastery of front-end with the desire to achieve full-stack competency is possible.
- A passion for building quality, testable code leveraging automation and a habit for actively improving the quality of a codebase "in passing".
- A "player-coach" mentality, capable of simultaneously making strong technical contributions while mentoring others within the context of small cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A strong focus on our customers both internal and external.
- High ownership of delivery and your work product.
- Optionally, experience with a refactoring initiative or contributing to a legacy codebase.
Our culture is based in three values:
- Put people first: Work hard and be nice to people
- Be a team player: Humble, Hungry, Smart
- Work with passion: Love what you do. Do it well. Celebrate.
- The rare opportunity to change the world and radically disrupt an industry
- Competitive benefits including Unmetered Vacation; Health, Dental & Vision Insurance; and 401k
Weekly Team Lunches
Kitchen loaded with all the essentials to keep you productive
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines—and each of them bring their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it's our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we're committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.Summary
Job title: Senior Software Engineer: TypeScript/Python
Job tags: saas / subscription, software