Senior Software Engineer Platform Infrastructure
Remote job description
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That's the power of data in motion in action-giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we're building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We're looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent's enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow-whether you're just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you'll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
- You'll join a growing team that is tasked with building the products that the largest organizations in the world use to deploy and operate Confluent to power their digital infrastructure.
- Your work will simplify the lifecycle management of complex and distributed infrastructure.
- You'll design, architect, and develop code for rolling upgrades, provisioning, scaling clusters, multi-region deployments, disaster recovery, and secure configuration management.
Who You Are:
- Smart, humble, self-driven and customer-centricity
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put the team's and company's interests first
- Driven and excited about the challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
- Passionate about building and leading an open-source community.
What We're Looking For:
- 7+ years of industry experience in strong software design and development skills.
- Experience in Platform/Infra deployment and configuration management frameworks such as Ansible or Terraform.
- Experience with Python or Go is required.
- Experience building automation to operate large-scale data systems solid understanding of basic systems operations (disk, network, operating systems, etc)
What Gives You An Edge:
- Experience operating distributed data systems at scale is a big plus.
- Knowledge of Apache Kafka or Confluent Platform is a plus
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.
Company name: confluent
Remote job title: Senior Software Engineer Platform Infrastructure
Job tags: open-source, big data, infrastructure