Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning
Remote job description
Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there's a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. This role is completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
The Advertiser Optimization team makes our advertising platform more efficient and easier to use. Whether it's control theory for bidding automation, bayesian networks for smart ad rotation, or machine learning models for conversion optimization, we do whatever it takes to make our platform better for our customers. We're a diverse team of statisticians, data scientists, and ads experts, and we want you to join us!
- Dive deep into our platform to spot opportunities for improvement. Apply mathematical sophistication to solve our customers' problems.
- Build applied machine learning models end to end to production.
- Iterate and tune algorithms and/or models with A/B test and experimentation.
- Own your work from conception and design to implementation and rollout.
- Research state of the art algorithmic techniques. Recognize promising innovations and adapt them to serve Reddit's unique platform and community.
- Design, implement, and maintain reliable high performance distributed systems.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative/CS major (e.g., mathematics, statistics, economics, finance, computer science). Master's or PhD is a plus, but not required.
- Applied ML/algorithm optimization experience or background
- Proficiency with programming languages and statistical analysis (Python, SQL).
- 5+ years experience in a relevant industry or academic background, preferably in a quantitative/modeling or highly scalable computing environment.
- Ads experience is a plus, but not required
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Retirement Savings plan with matching contributions
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
Company name: reddit
Remote job title: Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning
Job tags: SQL, Statistical Analysis, finance