Senior Software Engineer, iOS
Remote job description
Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there's a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
"The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. This role is for our Developer Platform team. Reddit already has tens of thousands of creative developers building against our simple API, but we want to give them much broader abilities. Through the introduction of apps and plugins, we're looking to transform members' experiences and interactions. r/wallstreetbets should have stock tickers, r/photoshopbattles should have an image gallery, and r/nba should have live scores.The Dev Platform team is working on the platform to make this happen, and we're looking for someone to bring it to iOS and mobile.
What you'll do:
- Develop a system for community developers to build UI that is rendered cross-platform
- Build an OpenGL/Metal surface on iOS
- Work across teams and departments to deliver end to end features on mobile platforms
- Collaborate cross-functionally with design, product, and engineering counterparts
- Mentor and coach junior developers
Who we're looking for:
- Experience in developing platform features for iOS or Android
- Familiarity with Metal, OpenGL, and related technologies
- Expertise in Swift, Java, and Kotlin
- Track record of building alignment for large technical initiatives (200+ engineers)
- Willingness to work on a zero to one product.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. This role is completely remote friendly and will continue to be for the future.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
Company name: reddit
Remote job title: Senior Software Engineer, iOS
Job tags: Android, iOS Development, OpenGL