Senior Software Engineer II Confluent Platform
Remote job description
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That's the power of data in motion in action-giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we're building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We're looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent's enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow-whether you're just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you'll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
While "Confluent Cloud" is a fully managed SaaS offering of our product suite, "Confluent Platform" is an On-premises version for customers who want to deploy and run On-premises. Most enterprise customers have a hybrid infrastructure that spans their data centres as well as multiple clouds. Our goal is to help customers seamlessly support Confluent's customer's hybrid infrastructure environment.
CP-ninja team is responsible for building capabilities and features across our products to help our customers run our platform on-premises. This includes capabilities around deployment, automatic upgrades, manageability, security and enabling integrations with enterprise platforms.
What is the big benefit of being part of this team ? Your work spans our product portfolio and will enable you to build a solid understanding spanning our entire stack
Who You Are:
Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and are excited about team and company success
- Driven and excited about the challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
Must Have skills:
- Overall 7+ years of experience in backend engineering.
- Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and development
- Experience automation to operate large-scale data systems
- Solid experience working with large public clouds
- Experience running production services in public clouds
- Proficiency in Java, Go, or C/ C++ and experience working with Kubernetes as well as Terraform
- Solid understanding of basic systems operations (disk, network, operating systems, etc)
- A self starter with the ability to work effectively in team with excellent spoken / written communication
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent
What Gives You An Edge:
Experience designing, building, and operating stateful applications
Good understanding and experience in cloud (AWS / Azure / GCP).
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Company name: confluent
Remote job title: Senior Software Engineer II Confluent Platform
Job tags: open-source, big data, infrastructure