Senior Software Engineer, Front End
Remote job description
Boulevard | about us
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard's technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive. Take a look at how we (and YOU) can make that happen.
Dare to disrupt | inspire innovation
We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. If our ambitions aren't terrifying, we aren't pushing ourselves enough.
We have an insatiable curiosity and embrace experimentation. We believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication and we design each and every detail to maximize potential, power and impact. Do our values match? Read through our story and what we value the most.
We pride ourselves with the patience to build the best solution and not the easiest. We are looking for highly proficient software engineers who are passionate about creating elegant solutions, solving complicated problems, maintaining high code quality with speed, and sharing learnings along the way (both internally and externally).
What you'll do here:
- Work closely with the Product and Design teams to bring to life delightful user experiences
- Collaborate with an extraordinarily talented team of engineers across Elixir, React, and React Native codebases
- Enhance our internal component libraries with reusable and well-styled components.
- Translate product requirements into approachable engineering tasks and designs
- Write clean, readable, performant, secure, and documented code
- Evolve and refactor parts of our codebase to align with modern practices
- Perform code reviews to maintain high code quality
- Measure and monitor systems to make data-driven decisions; build dashboards for important metrics.
- Build and contribute to open source projects
What you'll need to thrive:
- Programming Experience: Have at least 5+ years of programming experience working on web-based applications & products.
- React Expert: Must have real-world experience with React/React-Native/TypeScript
- CS Foundations: Strong knowledge of computer science principles
- Pride in the Work: Pride for the work you do and care deeply about the products which consume your services
- Bias Towards Action and Incremental Value: Demonstrated ability to collaborate and iterate with UX, Product, and Engineering through abstract to shaped to concrete concepts in order to help drive discussions and surface tradeoffs that accelerate decisions
- Team Player: Working in highly performant and collaborative teams
- Design Appreciation: Strong appreciation for good design
- Mentor and Mentee: Smarts, humility, communication skills, and equal willingness to teach and learn
- Building Solutions: Desire to shape our engineering culture by coming up with ideas, tools, and infrastructure wherever you see a problem to be solved
- Demonstrating work beyond the front-end, experience in integrating with a wide array of back-end technologies and services
- Experience with FE focused functional programming languages such as Purescript and Elm
- Experience constructing data visualizations using libraries like D3.js | Loving data and having implemented data stores
- Built, documented, and monitored a public API platform | Experience building PCI and HIPAA compliant systems
- You maintain or contribute to an open-source project
Current Front-End Technologies
- React / React Native
- The best tool for the job
In addition to the wonderful people you'll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that'll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you're always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
- Take a break whenever you need to with our unlimited vacation day policy.
- Fully remote so you can choose where you want to work.
- Health is a priority so we've got you covered with dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
- Investing in the future with a 401(k) option.
- Equity: get ahead on the ground floor and grow with Boulevard.
- Hear what Leo, one of our architects, has to say about life at Boulevard.
- Read through what our customers are saying about our product.
- Check out our latest product release and how we're continuously working to improve.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.
Boulevard Labs, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All employment decisions at Boulevard Labs, Inc. are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.Summary
Company name: Boulevard
Remote job title: Senior Software Engineer, Front End