Senior Software Engineer, AI
Iterable is a cross-channel platform that powers unified customer experiences and empowers marketers to create, optimize and measure every interaction taking place throughout the customer journey. With Iterable, brands create individualized marketing touchpoints that earn engagement, solidify trust and galvanize loyal consumer-brand relationships.
Developed for the enterprise, Iterable is built from modern technologies that transform cloud, partner and tool-specific data into integrated, personalized engagements. No matter the audience size or degree of campaign sophistication, Iterable empowers brands to execute where it matters most—creating experiences and cultivating connections with over 2 billion people world-wide. Leading brands, like Zillow, DoorDash, Calm, Madison Reed, and Box, choose Iterable to power world-class customer experiences throughout the entire lifecycle.
Iterable's momentum grows daily and there has never been a more exciting time to join the team! We've been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work - SF for the past three years, one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado for the past two years, and were named as one of Colorado's Best Paying Companies. We've also been listed on Wealthfront's Career Launching Companies List for the past two years, rank sixth on the list of Top 25 Companies Where Women Want to Work and hold a top 20 spot among the SaaS 100.
We have a nationwide presence with offices in San Francisco, New York, and Denver and are swiftly expanding European operations out of our London office, which opened in 2019. As we scale, we continue to live by our core four, founding values - Trust, Growth Mindset, Balance, and Humility. To understand the Iterable story, explore our Culture and About Us page.
The AI and Experimentation team builds and maintains machine learning features that give marketers on our platform super powers. This Senior Software Engineer will be integrating these AI features into the core platform used by our rapidly growing customer base. Making this platform easy to use and attractive for non-technical users is extremely important. Our Engineering team works closely with Product and Design to bring next-generation marketing solutions to our massively-scalable platform. We believe in building an Engineering culture guided by our company values which you can learn more about here.
One of our core values is Growth Mindset and Iterable is a company where everyone can continuously learn. If this is an idea that excites you, please do apply as we value applicants for the skills they bring beyond a job description.
How you will have an impact:
- Own the back-end of the product with autonomy to shape next-gen AI for marketers
- Design and build key products and solutions for a platform that reaches millions of users
- Participate in code reviews and ship code on a daily basis
- Collaborate with a small and nimble team of engineers
- Identify areas of improvement and champion solutions within Product Engineering
- Mentor and guide team members
We are looking for people who have:
- Previous experience with API development and server-side frameworks
- Relevant industry experience engineering for scale
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language (ideally Scala)
- A desire to be part of a values-driven Engineering team
- Passion for learning -- always improving yourself and the team around you
Our Technology Stack:
- Programming Language: Scala
- Databases: Elasticsearch, Postgres, Redis
- Infrastructure: RabbitMQ, Pulsar, AWS, Terraform
- Other Relevant Technologies: Docker / Kubernetes, React
- Experience with Akka and distributed systems
- Exposure to machine learning
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive salaries, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Balance Day (First Friday off every month)
- Fertility & Adoption Assistance
- Paid Sabbatical
- Flexible PTO
- Daily lunch allowance
- Monthly Employee Wellness allowance
- Quarterly Professional Development allowance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Complete laptop workstation
Iterable is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Iterable does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Iterable also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Iterable will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Senior Software Engineer, AI