Senior Software Engineer, Ads
Remote job description
Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there's a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. This role is completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
We're evolving and continuing our mission to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Providing a delightful and relevant experience to our users applies to our Ads like all of our offerings, and we're excited to build a product that is best-in-class for our users and advertisers. The year ahead is a busy one!
Ads is the fuel that powers Reddit's mission to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Our mission on the Ad Formats Core team is to empower brands to create delightful user experiences that align with their marketing goals. Our team has a strong user focus and is dedicated to upholding technical excellence. We lead the end-to-end design and implementation of ad formats and injection. Our work spans from backend services to every Reddit client (Web, iOS, Android).
We are responsible for the appearance and usability of every ad on Reddit users see, where ads can be seen, and the content ads can appear next to. We work with cross-functional partners across product, design, and even business development to explore the next generation of ad experiences on Reddit.
Some of our team's efforts include:
- Building and shipping high-quality ad products. Our projects, such as introducing new video ad products and optimizing ad placements, often span multiple tech stacks and involve complex technical challenges.
- Optimizing ad formats for quality and performance. We constantly seek to meet the needs of our customers through continuous experimentation to refine our ad products to maximize value for both our users and advertisers.
If you appreciate real technical challenges and you'd like to be part of the team that makes Reddit a sustainable, long-term business, come join us!
- Work with product managers to design and implement Ads products.
- Collaborate closely with the platform and data teams while building new features.
- Lead the processes needed to improve operational stability, including improving code quality, delivering dashboards and data visualizations.
- Build extendable components that would align with the product objectives.
- Support day to day project management tasks including communicating project updates, managing project timelines and overseeing project execution.
- 5+ years of software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages (Java, Scala, Go, C++, Python).
- Able to take complete ownership of a feature or project.
- Good understanding of large scale backend service design.
- An interest in the advertising business and understanding customer needs is a plus.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Retirement Savings plan with matching contributions
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
Company name: reddit
Remote job title: Senior Software Engineer, Ads
Job tags: Python, Scala, Java