Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Remote job description
Strong backend programming experience is required for this role
As a Software Developer in Test on the Security Intelligence team, you will provide both coding and testing expertise for our team. You possess a high level of coding aptitude combined with a demonstrated passion for Quality Assurance. You will contribute broadly in building automation and validation pipelines for the detection engines, analysis pipelines, acquisition and ingestion pipelines and other core intellectual property at Lookout.
This position is an opportunity to take on some of the most interesting challenges in the company and join the team and share your expertise in building the Security Platform that underlies Lookout's category-defining personal and enterprise products. These are challenging problems and you must be open-minded to tackling new exploratory areas as well as evolving and continually improving key existing systems.
We're looking for Senior Software Engineers in Test, who have experience working with high-volume, low-latency distributed SaaS solutions. You will be a member of the team that is responsible for a massively scalable platform that owns the App Analysis pipeline and analysis engines for both iOS and Android applications and delivers data sets to internal and user-facing applications.
- Strong software engineering fundamentals - Object Oriented design, data structures, and algorithms.
- Software Development experience in Java, Scala or Python.
- Automation development and testing experience for REST API Services, focusing on Backend services.
- Experience in building testing frameworks and solutions for long term coverage and execution of the testing platforms.
- Knowledge of automation, CI/CD tools like Jenkins.
- Experience with executing Performance test strategies and tools.
- Experience testing Cloud based Microservices while understanding the overall System interdependencies
- Experience with Agile testing methodologies and best practices
- 5+ years of overall experience in developing / maintaining large-scale, distributed production class software on public cloud platforms such as AWS.
Tools that you will work with:
- Primarily Scala, Java. Ruby
- Build Tools: Gradle, Maven, Sbt
- Linux (SSH, Bash, scripting)
- AWS primitives and distributed technologies: SWF, EMR, EC2, IAM roles, and others.
- Understanding of Docker is nice to have.
- Knowledge of GCP is a plus.
Company name: Lookout
Remote job title: Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Job tags: saas / subscription, freemium, licensing, communications, enterprise, mobile, security, software