Senior Software Developer in Test
Remote job description
An inclusive work environment is an empowering one. At Cutover, we lead with empathy and enable others to succeed through curiosity, kindness, and self-expression.
Location: London or New York
You can choose how often you'll work from home vs the office - whether you're fully remote or hybrid.
Cutover has built the world's first enterprise-wide work orchestration and observability platform that enables seamless human and machine collaboration. In 2021, we announced a $35 million Series B financing round led by Eldridge (alongside existing investors Index Ventures, Sussex Place Ventures, and Contour Ventures) and we're thrilled to be embarking on our next exciting chapters of growth.
We're scaling our Technology organisation in a big way in 2022 and we're super keen to bring some more QA talent into the team. We'd love to find an enthusiastic QA Engineer who is excited to help build a best-in-class product that our customers can't live without.
What tech stack do we have here at Cutover?
What will you be doing?
- Taking ownership of test automation within the Core Front-end squad.
- Thoroughly testing our deployments to ensure that we have sufficient coverage to be confident in code deployments.
- Enable engineers by working with teams to continually improve test tools, testability and test environments
- Working closely with Engineers, QA's and Product Managers to promote testability both through the development cycle and once development is complete in the lead up to a release.
- Writing tests across our testing suite, varying from unit tests to end-to-end, balancing speed & value.
- Optimising our current test frameworks by refactoring and automating where possible, working to create fast feedback loops.
- Improve our automation coverage, process and pipelines to increase our deployment frequency
- Documenting current QA processes, making recommendations, and keeping track of QA backlog.
- What we'd like you to bring to the table...
- 5+ years of experience delivering test tools.
- Experience with implementing automated tests using tools such as RSpec, Mocha, or Cypress and making code changes to improve testability.
- Experience writing or helping with test plans, test cases, and QA documentation.
- Excellent knowledge of agile software development processes, QA methodologies & best practices.
- Familiarity working on pipeline creation and management (Circle CI).
- Exceptional writing, documentation, and verbal communication skills.
The good stuff...
- We're excited to offer Share Options as part of our compensation package.
- 20 (US) /25 days (UK) of PTO per year + public holidays, and we want you to take all of them!
- 3 volunteer days to use for any charitable/voluntary cause you would like.
- A top-tier private health insurance package.
- A 401k contribution plan/Aviva pension scheme (Depending upon your location).
- Work from home stipends.
- A personal learning and development budget through Learnerbly. You'll be supported in your quest for knowledge, whatever that looks like to you.
- If you're thinking of starting or growing your family, then you'll be in great company - more than half of our team are parents and we've built a globally consistent parental leave approach that we're proud of.
- Employee Referral Scheme.
- Safeguarding the mental health of our teams is paramount for us. If you'd like to, then you'll be able to avail yourself of multiple Cutover mental health initiatives, from fully subsidised therapy sessions to subscriptions to leading wellbeing platforms.
- All the company swag you could ever need.
Company name: Cutover
Remote job title: Senior Software Developer in Test