Senior Fullstack Engineer Product Platform
Remote job description
Gather helps distributed teams build digital spaces that bring everyone together.
Whether collaborating in meetings, co-working with colleagues, or stopping by someone's digital desk, connecting with your team becomes energizing. High bandwidth work and culture creation happen no matter where your team members are.
The mission of Gather is to eliminate the physical barriers to opportunity and connection.
As a Senior Fullstack Engineer within the Product Platform team, you will be responsible for working on abstractions and frameworks that underlie the work of our entire Apps team.
Full Stack Engineers here at Gather work across the entire technical stack and are especially valuable as someone who can build entirely new features themselves and also be a load balancer for whichever part of the stack currently needs the most attention.
Help us create a marketplace for virtual worlds and free Gather from the browser!
Where you will make an impact:
- Create abstractions and frameworks that act as the glue that holds our App teams together.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and engineers to scope out features and product directions
- Level up the avatar system with customizable avatars, hats, props, etc.
- Enable more powerful tools and games to be used within Gather
- Create a system for adding bots/NPCs (e.g. dogs, DJs, etc) to spaces
- Write maintainable, clear, well-architected code, tests, and documentation
- Participate in code reviews and design reviews to ensure quality and good architecture
What you bring:
- 4+ years of experience working with Typescript, React, and Redux
- Intrinsic motivation and the drive to solve difficult problems without guidance
- A keen intuition for well-designed software and writing performant, scalable code
- Ability to ruthlessly prioritize in a chaotic and ambiguous environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Understanding of how to thrive in a fully remote and distributed environment
- Work remotely out of a state-of-the-art virtual office!
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents
- 401k and matching program
- Generous PTO policy and mental health days to recharge
- Meal stipend twice a week to keep you nourished
- Remote work, education, and health & wellness stipend
- Support for family planning & gender-affirmation
- The opportunity to join a passionate team in building something that actually makes peoples' lives better, every single day
Gather is committed to building an inclusive and equitable workplace for individuals of all backgrounds. We strive to build a workplace where employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work, everyday. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Additionally, we're committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please notify the recruiter you are working with. We also ask that all applicants consider answering the voluntary demographic questions on our job application to help us track the inclusivity of our recruiting efforts and programs. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary and your answers will not be shared with the hiring team and will not impact the hiring decision.
Company name: Gather
Remote job title: Senior Fullstack Engineer Product Platform