Senior Full Stack Engineer, Experimentation Platform
Remote job description
Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there's a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
"The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 450 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
On the Reddit Experimentation Platform team, we are excited about empowering innovation at Reddit through efficient and trustworthy experimentation. Few teams can claim to expedite growth, boost monetization, improve product performance, and increase development velocity of the entire company, but Experimentation does exactly that. If you're passionate about building products that change people's lives for the better, developing strategies for products-at-scale, build-test-ship in weeks (not months), and maintaining high-quality work-life balance, Reddit then will be the perfect home for you.
How You'll Have Impact:
The Senior Full Stack Engineer on the Experimentation Team will play a critical role in creating a world-class experimentation platform for Reddit. Ultimately, this Full Stack Engineer will feed the experimentation platform team's objective to empower innovation, expedite growth, boost monetization strategy, improve product performance, and increase development velocity.
This role spans a wide span of responsibilities, ranging from building new experimentation platform features, setting up the experimentation SDK and backend infrastructure, to directing the evolution and adoption of best practices and standards that support experimentation across the entire Reddit organization.
What You'll Do
You will be instrumental in architecting, implementing, and maintaining a state-of-the-art Experimentation Platform that powers experimentation across all of Reddit. This includes, but is not limited to, building new features on A/B & MVT testing experimentation platforms, building new data products related to experimentation, working cross-functionally to find solutions for the needs of different teams, and improving monitoring and alerting. Initially, this role will be especially focused on developing advertiser experiments to support the rapid growth of our business.
- Design, develop, scale, and support Reddit's Experimentation Platform.
- Developing and operating high scale data products with a focus on reliability and quality of analyzed data.
- Drive the initiative of the advertiser experiments at Reddit.
- Increase developer efficiency through automation, improved signals, workflow streamlining and system optimization.
- Collaborate with multiple engineers/teams across the whole company to find technical solutions to complex design challenges.
- Participate in the full development cycle: design, development, impact assessment, and deployment.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Backend development experience including Python & Frontend development experience.
- Experience building or using A/B testing infrastructure.
- Experience building engineering or analytics tools or data products.
- Experience going through the full software cycle of requirements, design, coding/testing, rollout/deploy standard methodologies in delivering outstanding software and services.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical field.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of the company
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is $183,500-$273,000.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
Company name: reddit
Remote job title: Senior Full Stack Engineer, Experimentation Platform
Job tags: Analytics Tools, Frontend Web Development, Full Stack Development
location or timezone
yearly salary range$183,500 - 273,000
posted95 days ago