Senior Full Stack Developer, Security Engineering US / East Coast
Remote job description
About Grafana Labs:
There are more than 700,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a SpaceX launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include two other open-source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs) and Grafana Tempo (for traces).
Description of Duties
Would you like to help create a meaningfully useful, modern security product on top of the Grafana stack, available as open source and to any Grafana customer? Would you like to be a founding member of the security operations function behind Grafana's open source software stack and Grafana Cloud? Would you like to help grow a SecOps team from a beautiful acorn to a collaborative, transparent, and highly capable 24x7 unit? Do you want to build great tools and experiences, then open source them to the community?
We want to build and productise a security system that's automated at scale, rigorously data-driven and built from the ground up with defense-in-depth and self-healing in mind, supporting a highly autonomous, remote-first, Cloud-native organisation. This is an opportunity to help form a cutting-edge security strategy and build the platforms that underlie it. We're taking the best of open source and commercial tooling and making them talk to each other to arrive at some very special outcomes. We also want to open source as much as possible of our work to the community and into our products.
This is a new, high growth team and a great opportunity to get in at the ground level. Early areas of focus for the team will be around a new approach to endpoint security, access control at scale and attack surface mapping and monitoring, all with an eye on compliance-as-code and supporting self-service by risk owners across the business.
For all that, we believe absolutely in agreeing reasonable expectations and timeframes and giving people the room to do great work, in a setting that prioritizes health, happiness and work-life balance.
- Design, build and maintain security products
- Develop integrations around security tooling
- Help shape the overall security (and product!) strategy and architecture as we grow and matureDevelop security plugins for Grafana
This role would be a good fit for you if:
- You are comfortable working in a remote-first company and understand the importance of communication.
- You enjoy learning, growing, and supporting others to do the same.
- You have solid experience as a Software Engineer and feel comfortable working with Go, React, Typescript. We are happy to consider candidates with other backgrounds and experience.
- A security mindset and, ideally, proven experience
- You enjoy transforming ideas into working code ?" you are able to design a solution, get feedback, and write a prototype by yourself, by collaborating with other engineers, product managers and designers very closely.
- You enjoy working on complex solutions ?" Grafana is a highly technical solution and has avid followers who rely on it every day and care deeply about their workflows.
- You care and value security, code maintainability, readability and testing.
- You enjoy working as a team. For us, working together means being collaborative, friendly, kind, and respectful.
- You enjoy being part of the community. Community is part of our core, and interacting with the community is a day-to-day thing for us.
- An interest in Grafana's stack and a desire to contribute to our open source foundations - We love dogfooding and giving back!
- You are able to communicate clearly in written and spoken English.
In the United States, the Base (OTE for commission positions) compensation range for this role is $148,000- $ 200,000. Actual compensation may vary based on level, experience, and skillset as assessed in the interview. Benefits include equity, bonus (if applicable) and other benefits listed here.
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
Benefits: For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page.
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
Equal Opportunity Employer: At Grafana Labs we're building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we're working hard to make sure that's the foundation of our organisation as we grow.
Company name: Grafana Labs
Remote job title: Senior Full Stack Developer, Security Engineering US / East Coast
Job tags: quality assurance, Open Source Software, TypeScript
location or timezone
yearly salary range$148,000 - 200,000
posted72 days ago