Senior Frontend Engineer
Remote job description
We are the Build team which falls within our larger Commercial Tech team and focuses on providing an abstraction layer to create, store, update and retrieve design data in order to provide visual representations for our customers to manage their own custom products. We also enable our customers to create and upload designs and support the rapid development of new products and creation flows at MOO. We enable our customers to view & create their custom designs as well as support other creation flows.
We value everyone's perspective and encourage new ideas, tackling challenges together, and learning from our mistakes. We really care about continually improving, and we love the open exchange of knowledge amongst our team members (and the wider Engineering department!).
During the pandemic, we have been honing our virtual working skills and use Zoom for all of our calls and meetings. That creates a regular office day feeling giving us the chance to see each other's faces - sometimes it involves a smiling toddler walking into the room or a random cat walking on the keyboard - we are all one team.
We are expanding our technology teams and looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our 'Build' team which is at the core of our customers e-commerce journey. The main function of the Build team is developing the systems and user experience that allow customers to create and upload their designs to our platform for printing on our range of products. With being such a key part of the journey we have ensured it is very user friendly whilst being super powerful to support the range of customers that flow through it.
The Person We Want:
- Understanding the importance of code quality, testing and be willing to own that code.
- Willing to work in a team and work closely with key stakeholders to ensure successful delivery.
- Learning and growth are key to our culture, so we will be looking for examples of where you have challenged yourself and learned a new tool, skill, or way of working.
- Build, test and deploy React applications as part of a multi-disciplinary product team
- Fully test your applications using unit, integration, and functional testing
- Contribute to your team via pair programming, code reviews, knowledge sharing and team demos
- Participate in design sessions, follow engineering best practices and the MOO Engineering principles to ensure high standards are maintained
- Leverage best practices in testing, continuous integration and delivery
- Participate in identifying and eliminating technical debt
- Collaborate with other engineers, across teams, on a variety of projects
- Continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives
- Proven experience in deploying React applications using pipelines from integration all the way to production
- Very comfortable with AWS or equivalent, Docker, CI/CD operations and knowledge of Terraform would be a bonus
- You have an interest in design and a key eye for detail
- You care about great user experience for our customers and want to collaborate with other engineers and stakeholders to achieve this
- You like to mentor and support junior engineers
- You are self-motivated and a team player
Company name: MOO
Remote job title: Senior Frontend Engineer
Job tags: e-commerce, business services, personalisation, photos, smb, soho