Senior Cloud SRE
Remote job description
Who we are:
OpenX is a top player in the AdTech industry in the World specializing in programmatic advertising, powering monetization and advertising revenue for publishers (ie websites, mobile apps, CTV and OTT apps, etc.), and providing highly targeted audiences for advertisers, brands, and agencies. We have seven offices located around the globe (in the US, the UK, Poland, and Japan). Our Ad Exchange platform handles billions of ad requests daily connecting thousands of publishers with demand partners. It's fully containerized running in the cloud in multiple regions across the world. That's the place where each millisecond matters.
We are operating at a scale:
100% Cloud-based (GCP) platforms
Over 250 billion Ad requests every day
Over 120,000 CPU daily
Over 140 TB RAM daily
- Over 50 PB of data per week
- Over 1200 production deployments a month
Who we are looking for
OpenX, a leading provider of digital and mobile advertising technology, seeks a Senior Cloud SRE (Site Reliability Engineer). OpenX serves 100 billion ad requests per day and operates worldwide. We are currently in the process of migrating our entire infrastructure footprint into Google Cloud Platform (GCP). You will be primarily responsible for the performance, uptime, and growth of various OpenX systems and services on GCP. Experience operating software at large web scale is desirable, though we are willing to train people with the right skills and attitude.
Similar to Google's approach to SRE, you should adhere to the engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. Much of your software development focuses on optimizing cloud-native systems, orchestrating cloud infrastructure and eliminating manual work through automation.
The ideal candidate has extensive experience with software engineering practices, building and supporting on-demand, burstable, virtualized and cloud-native environments on major public cloud providers (GCP preferred). Excellent communication skills are required in order to successfully interact with globally distributed OpenX teams operating in a 24x7 manner. Developing and supporting our infrastructure presents many interesting technical challenges. We especially desire candidates with a passion for open-source software and an interest in the latest technology trends.
What we offer
- Working with the newest technologies such as Cloud Computing (GCP)
- Experienced Team (50% of the company are senior developers!)
- Challenges at work that are difficult to find anywhere else!
- Solving important problems in a scale
- Joining a company that is growing and scaling
- Flexible working hours & remote work option
- Design, write and deliver software to implement and support large web-scale, highly-performant, highly-available infrastructure on GCP
- Demonstrate and promote best practices for teams deploying and supporting our infrastructure on GCP
- Monitor infrastructure, respond to incidents, correct and improve systems to prevent incidents, and plan capacity
- Support system deployments and product releasesTune large-scale clusters for optimal performance and efficiency
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Work closely with engineering, project management, and operational peers to develop innovative technical tools and solutions
- Identify tactical issues and react to emerging areas of concern
- Adhere to the DevOps philosophy by evangelizing communication, collaboration, and integration with software development teams
- Think long-term and be unsatisfied with band-aids
- Identify unnecessary complexity and remove it
- Extensive experience maintaining a large production infrastructure hosted on GCP, AWS, or equivalent public cloud providers
- Extensive understanding how to manage public cloud services and tasks, such as: VPC; load balancing; relational and non-relational datastores (eg, Google Cloud SQL, Memorystore, AWS RDS); storage (eg, GCS, AWS S3); monitoring (e.g., GCP Stackdriver, AWS CloudWatch, Prometheus); serverless computing (eg, GCF, AWS Lambda); and auto-scaling
- Solid experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) best practices, such as test-driven development (TDD), algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis, CI / CD, and software design
- Solid understanding of programming languages, such as Java, Golang / Erlang, C / C ++, or others
- Automate tasks that are scalable, maintainable, and repeatable by utilizing APIs and practicing Infrastructure-as-Code through GitOpsExperience with managing large-scale Kubernetes clusters in a microservices and containerized environment using Docker and package management using Helm
- Strong knowledge of core protocols and tech such as: TCP / IP, HTTP, DNS, load balancers, distributed file systems, relational and non-relational datastores
- Automate tasks in at least one language (other than Bash), ideally Python or GolangDemonstrated experience in network and large-scale * NIX system troubleshooting and maintenance practices
- Configure and manage security policies, resource auditing, compliance policies, and access controls to resources in GCP
- Analyze performance bottleneck of our platform hosted in GCP based on monitoring data
- Solid experience with cloud orchestration platforms, such as TerraformSolid experience building GCP big data platforms, such as DataProc, BigQuery, Pub / Sub, and other technology
- Self-starter with the ability to independently identify and act on areas of improvement
- Knowledge and interest in the latest system architecture trends
- Ability to rapidly learn and understand new systems
- Ability to communicate effectively and write accurate, clear documentation
- Annual performance bonus
- Tax-deductible system due to copyright protection
- Private health care for you and your family (covered by OpenX)
- Private life and travel insurance (Covid insurance included)
- MultiKafeteria program
- Training: access to the LinkedIn Learning platform, Tech workshops, English lessons
- Holiday Allowance
- Pension scheme (PPK from PZU)
- Additional paid day off
- Free parking lot
- Sports activities: online yoga / stretching classes :)
- Access to peer to peer recognition platform
- Possible trips to California once in a while
- Company events (online during the pandemic time)
- Monthly work from home allowance and one-time payment when you join us to help you set up your home office
- We celebrate team members' important personal milestones (vouchers, gifts)
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values ??form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values ??remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism.
OpenX is committed to equal employment opportunities. It is a fundamental principle at OpenX not to discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, gender identity / transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and other protected characteristic as established by law.
Effective Date: March 1, 2022
Your personal data is transferred to our candidate recruitment management software provider in order to keep records and track your recruitment status and information about you.
We encourage you to read the entire policy as it contains important information about your rights and our obligations with regard to your data.
Data we collect
If you apply for a job with our company, we will collect, use and store your personal information. To the extent permitted by law, this may include:
Data provided to us directly by you :
We process the personal data contained in the job application sent by you and the information that you provide during the recruitment process (in particular, the data contained in your CV and additional data provided during the recruitment). They may include:
- Contact details (name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail, etc.);
- Qualification details (such as information about previous work experience or education);
- Information contained in the application (such as expected income, type of job sought or your availability);
- Identification data (such as date of birth, passport number, nationality and place of residence, PESEL number, immigration status);
- Any other data provided to us by you, including correspondence between you and OpenX during the recruitment process;
- If you have given your explicit, voluntary consent - demographic data (e.g. information about racial or ethnic origin).
Data from other sources : Basically, we collect data directly from you when you reply to our job advertisement. We sometimes obtain data about you from other sources, such as your previous employers (if you have consented to our collection of references), recruiters, market research companies, identity verification service providers, and information available online and on third party websites, including this on LinkedIn. Where you have consented to background checks and / or where permitted by law, we may also collect details of professional body record entries, sanctions imposed by professional bodies, financial audits or criminal convictions.
Information Automatically Collected : When you apply through the career page on our website, we may automatically collect certain information from your computer, mobile phone or other device. This may include, but is not limited to, information such as the computer's IP address, standard network log data, or browser type.
- Why do we process your personal data and on what basis?
- OpenX may access, use and store your personal information for the reasons set out below.
Where necessary for OpenX to evaluate your job application. This may include:
- Assessment of your skills and interest in career opportunities at OpenX;
- Consideration of the application;
- Analysis and verification of your qualifications;
- Verifying your identity and your qualifications for employment; and
- Communicating with you about your application, responding to your inquiries and scheduling interviews.
- If it is necessary to implement the legitimate interests of OpenX listed below and if your data protection rights do not override our interests. This may include:
- Conducting a background check procedure, in particular collecting details of entries in registers kept by professional organizations.
Protecting our legitimate business interests and rights. This includes use in connection with legal claims, compliance with laws, regulations, audits, investigative and disciplinary purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with or legal proceedings), and other ethics and compliance reporting requirements.
Maintaining the security and integrity of our electronic facilities, equipment and platforms. This includes administering access rights, monitoring compliance with company protocols, and where permitted by local law and in compliance with applicable policies, investigations and disciplinary actions.
When it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation. This may include disclosure of information to law enforcement or in connection with legal claims or regulatory purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with a legal process or proceeding).
? If you have given your consent to do so. Please remember that you are under no obligation to give consent when we ask for it. It is always provided voluntarily. For example, we will ask for your consent to participate in future OpenX recruitment processes. We may also ask for your consent to a criminal background check or ask you questions related to demographic information to help us support diversity and inclusion programs.
We may also process your personal data on the basis of consent, which is required in some jurisdictions. For example, if you are applying for a position in Poland, we may ask for your consent to check references from previous employers. In addition, by providing us with certain data that we do not require from you (e.g. your photo), you consent to their processing.
- Disclosure of information to third parties
- If necessary for business purposes, we may share your personal information with the following OpenX affiliates listed here .
Personal data may be made available to state administration authorities and / or representatives of law enforcement agencies if it is required to achieve the above purposes, if it is required by law or if it is required to protect the legitimate interests of OpenX (e.g. for the purpose of pursuing claims and defending against claims) in accordance with applicable law.
Personal data may also be shared with third party service providers who will process it on behalf of OpenX for the purposes described above. This applies in particular to our supplier who provides software to help us manage applications.
In the event of the sale or integration of OpenX or any of its affiliates with another company, your personal data may be disclosed to OpenX advisers and the potential buyer's advisers, and then transferred to the new owners of the company.
Storage of your data
- We will store your personal data in a form that identifies you for no longer than is necessary for the purposes necessary for recruitment purposes.
- If your application is successful, the information provided may be retained for employment purposes.
If the application is not successful, and you have consented to the storage of your data for future recruitment, we will retain your data for a period of 2 years from the end of the recruitment process for the position for which you recently applied. Without your consent for future recruitments, we will keep your personal data for a reasonable period of time (no longer than 1 year) after completing the recruitment process for the position for which you recently applied, so that we can repeat the recruitment process if necessary or to resolve any disagreements between us and you.
For job applicants from the European Union
You have the right to request OpenX to correct, block or limit access to your personal data, supplement it and delete it. You can also 'transfer' your personal data (ie ask us to provide it to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transfer it directly to another organization). You have the right to request access to your personal data and further information on the processing of your personal data.
Under certain circumstances, you can also object to our processing of your data, and in the event that we have asked for your consent to process your data, you can withdraw this consent at any time. Please note that the withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of data processing prior to the withdrawal of consent.
All requests will be processed at the earliest opportunity and any delays will be kept to a minimum. Under no circumstances will we exceed the statutory deadline.
There are, however, exceptions to these rights. For example, in certain circumstances, access to personal information may be denied if sharing that information would reveal another person's personal information or if OpenX cannot lawfully disclose such information. In addition, OpenX may retain your data even if you withdraw your consent if OpenX can demonstrate that it has an alternative legal basis to process your data. We will inform you of the relevant exclusions we refer to by responding to your every request.
If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority in the country where you live, work, or where you believe there is a data breach. Contact details for the data protection authority can be found here if you are from the EEA or here if you are from the UK.
We have performed balance of interest tests for all data processing we conduct based on our legitimate interests. Information on any of our balancing of interests tests can be obtained by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights listed above, please contact us here .
Transfer outside the EEA
We operate globally and in many cases we need to transfer your personal information internationally, including to the United States and the United Kingdom, for the purposes described above. Your personal data will be transferred and processed by the OpenX entity with which you have concluded a contract.
When transferring personal data to countries outside the EEA, we act in accordance with European Union law, applying Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission or adopting other adequate security measures. A copy of the relevant mechanism can be obtained for inspection upon request using the contact details below.
For job applicants in the United States
Depending on the area of ??jurisdiction in which you live, you may have the right to request OpenX to delete some of your personal information, correct inaccurate personal information, and provide you with access to your personal information.
OpenX does not share or sell personal data collected from applicants for a fee.
All requests will be processed at the earliest opportunity and any delays will be kept to a minimum. Under no circumstances will we exceed the statutory deadline. OpenX will never discriminate against you in relation to the exercise of your personal data rights.
There are, however, exceptions to these rights. For example, in certain circumstances, we may deny access to your personal information if OpenX is legally unable to disclose such information. In addition, OpenX may retain your personal information even if you request its deletion, if OpenX demonstrates that it has a legal obligation to keep it or is otherwise entitled to do so. We will inform you of the relevant exclusions we refer to by responding to your every request.
If you wish to exercise any of the aforementioned rights, please contact us here or by calling (855) 231-3834.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
The data controller, business entity or equivalent entity controlling the processing of your data is the OpenX entity to which you are applying. A list of all OpenX affiliates is available here .
Company name: OpenX
Remote job title: Senior Cloud SRE
Job tags: transaction fees, freemium, marketplace, saas / subscription, adtech, marketing services, media, publishing