Senior CFD Software Developer (m/f/d)
SimScale is a cloud based engineering simulation software platform that is revolutionizing the way engineers, designers, scientists, and architects design products. The SimScale platform is accessible completely via web browser, with an easy-to-use interface which supports numerous simulation types including Structural Mechanics, Fluid Dynamics and Thermodynamics.
By harnessing the power of the cloud for simulation, SimScale eliminates the hurdles that accompany traditional simulation tools: high installation costs, licensing fees, deployment of high-performance computing hardware, and required updates and maintenance. Users always have the latest version of SimScale.
As a Senior CFD Software Developer (m/f/d), your mission will be to develop and deliver high-quality features to our large and constantly growing user base. As an experienced OpenFoam or comparable developer, you will bring your development experience for solving real-world CFD problems in a broad range of industries such as Turbomachinery, Electronics Cooling and AEC.
You will be deeply involved in developing and implementing outstanding solutions that will lift our simulation platform to the next level. As a core member of the OpenFoam Simulation Team, you will work in close collaboration with a highly experienced team of developers, product managers and engineers on a daily basis. You are expected to work on both with OpenFOAM and other CFD software stacks.
- PhD degree in Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics or comparable qualification or equivalent practical experience
- Advanced knowledge of fluid mechanics and thermodynamics
- Professional or academic experience in developing industrial CFD software
- Extensive industry experience with engineering simulation and high-performance computing
- Experience with software version control (Git preferred) and collaborative development
- Familiarity with the general computer science patterns
- C1+ English skills
- Experience developing software with modern programming languages (Java, Go, Rust, etc.) in a professional environment
- Experience programming with C++ in either an academic or professional environment
- Experience developing OpenFOAM within an an industrial environment
- Worked on publicly available projects
- Basic knowledge of web technologies (e.g. HTTP, REST) and containerization with Docker
- Experience with functional testing and automation tools
- Experience with development in Linux environment
- Experience as user of commercial CAE systems
- Basic knowledge about FEA (Finite Element Analysis)
What you can expect from us
- An international and enthusiastic team with high technical expertise, dedication, and the opportunity to learn within your field
- Ambitious, self-responsible tasks and projects that leave space for creativity and offer the chance to learn a lot in a short time
- Flexible working hours and mobile working practices
- The chance to provide thousands of engineers with the next generation of simulation technology that helps them be better at what they do best: designing the products of tomorrow
- The chance to be part of an interdisciplinary agile team, and learn about cloud solutions
Are you looking for a job as a "Senior CFD Simulation Software Developer (m/f/d)", where you'll be able to significantly contribute to the development of our simulation software and grow with a team of experts around you?
Then we look forward to receiving your informative application and covering letter via our online application system (including links to open sourced projects, your notice period & salary expectations).
Senior CFD Software Developer (m/f/d)
Tags: fluid-dynamics, openfoam, git, simulation