Senior Backend Engineer
Remote job description
About the Role:
As a Senior Backend Engineer at Papaya, you will be an important part of building a new product line. These products will service some of the largest financial institutions in America, and you will work closely with engineers, product managers, designers, and business stakeholders to produce high quality, scalable, and testable backend code.
Flexibility, communication, and a willingness to learn are of the highest importance. Papaya believes that diversity helps build an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued. If you agree, we'd love to hear from you!
Remote engineers within Latin America are welcome to apply. Depending on your skill and experience, you can expect to make somewhere between $5,000 and $7,000 USD per month upon joining the company.
What you will do:
- Find creative solutions to technical problems
- Write well designed, testable and reliable backend code
- Contribute to code reviews and technical architecture discussions and documentation
- Collaborate with product and other stakeholders
- Build and maintain APIs that integrate with large financial institutions
- Work primarily with Java, Spring Boot, Nest.js, Kubernetes, Docker
What you can bring:
- 5+ years of proven Java experience and/or Node experience
- 3+ years of experience on great engineering teams
- Experience with scalable service architecture and design
- DevOps or App Security experience a plus
- Have knowledge of REST, Spring, Gradle/Maven
- Some proficiency in SQL and NoSQL (MongoDB)
- Experience with Git for version control
- Have impeccable verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences
Papaya is a modern fintech platform that simplifies bill payments for American families. Using computer vision and automation, our app makes paying your bills as simple as taking a picture.
We started in 2016 with the mission to alleviate financial stress. Finances are the number one source of stress for American families so the work we are doing is important and urgent.
We love to celebrate our incredible group of hardworking employees - and it shows. We're proud to say that we were voted one of Built In LA's Best Small Companies to Work for in 2020, 2021, and 2022! We are proud to have 4.8 stars and over 90k reviews on the App Store, and are backed by investors that include Sequoia Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, and First Round Capital.
Company name: Papaya Pay
Remote job title: Senior Backend Engineer
Job tags: MongoDB, Maven, Node.js