Senior Backend Engineer
Remote job description
We help businesses become talent-first. Everything we do is about people. We're shaping the future of work, by building the software and services that enable the world's largest companies to unleash human potential. Beamery is Talent Lifecycle Management.
We believe that where you work is much more than just a job. For many of us, it's our livelihoods. It's how we provide for our families and it shapes the legacy we'll leave behind. This is why our purpose is to create access to opportunities regardless of where someone is born.
We're excited to have raised a $138m Series C backed by world-class investors from some of tech's most disruptive companies.
- So, what are you waiting for? Join us and help us transform the future of work once and for all.
About the role
After more than doubling our revenue in 2020, we're expanding our world-class team of product engineers in 2021 to continue our rapid business growth and meet the insatiable demand for our product lineup.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help our core backend services and public APIs evolve and scale to cope with new feature development, varied customer needs and increased user traffic. This person will:
- Play a critical role in designing, developing and operating the next generation of our core micro-services and the data models backing them.
- Work with key customers and partners to understand their needs, design solutions to cover broad use-cases and enable integrations with our public APIs.
- Execute on projects and follow through end to end starting with discovery and design through prototyping and implementation to gauging success and owning operations.
- Work with teammates and the wider engineering org to continuously improve our product, technology, processes, teamwork and effectiveness.
Who are we looking for?
- Strong experience building and operating backend systems in complex environments.
- Ensuring quality and reliability through unit, integration and end-to-end tests.
- A basic understanding of caching strategies for backend services and message queues.
- Exposure to DevOps, on-call, incident management and CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience debugging and troubleshooting issues using instrumentation and logs.
- Demonstrating ownership and initiative with experience driving team projects from conceptualization to successfully delivering business value.
- An impact-focussed mindset aligned with agile principles.
- A sense of empathy for users, teammates, colleagues and partners.
- A genuine desire to help the team work better together with a healthy dose of fun.
- This is not a checklist of requirements, don't worry if you don't satisfy all, we'd still love to talk.
Company name: Beamery
Remote job title: Senior Backend Engineer
Job tags: saas / subscription, business services, hr, recruitment