Senior Backend Engineer
Remote job description
As the Senior Backend Engineer, you will have an opportunity to build the internal tools team and take part in the full development lifecycle, from idea generation and brainstorming, to implementation and testing. You will build a strong relationship with both the Design and Product teams and ensure Shopmonkey's vision and goals are aligned. You will take abstract problems and interactively distill and building scalable, sustainable, and performant solutions. You will be a mentor to the junior engineers and help set appropriate goals and best practices.
You have the Opportunity to:
- Communicate regularly with the engineering leadership and product managers to ensure the project is on track and checkpoint goals are met.
- Consult on best engineering approaches, technologies, architecture, design, tools, and solutions.
- Provide implementation estimates and evaluations of different solutions, approaches, frameworks, etc.
- Take up challenges faced within the engineering team like problems in the release process, build issues and other pressing problems raised by customers that require quick turnaround with the highest quality of work.
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Provide solutions for discovered bottlenecks and get a chance to refactor parts of the code
- Create tools and automate requests
We are looking for People who:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent field
- A cross-functional team player with a high EQ and ambiguity
- 3+ years of experience with Typescript
- 3+ years of experience with Node.JS
- Strong system design and design patterns
- Experience with MongoDB, PostgreSQL databases, ElasticSearch
- Huge plus if you have experience with working with international teams, Redis databases, Kafka (additionally Connect API, Streams API)
- Preferably located in the San Jose/Bay Area
About the Industry
The US is the second-largest passenger vehicle market with more than 260 million registered passenger vehicles, and the global car repair market is estimated to be worth more than $500B. Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo and enable auto shops to become more efficient and customers to have a more delightful experience.
Shopmonkey, the leading auto repair shop software company, is a cloud-based solution that consolidates the complexities of running an auto repair business — from appointment scheduling to parts ordering, to managing inventory and processing payments — all onto a single platform. We help repair shops consolidate tools, save time, and streamline their entire operation with simple, easy-to-use software.
Shopmonkey is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We are looking for team members that are committed to the Shopmonkey mission. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.Summary
Senior Backend Engineer