Senior Backend Engineer
Remote job description
We're seeking a Senior Backend Engineer to join our FullFocus™ digital viewer team. In this role you'll refine and implement new features for our slide viewer application. This is an extraordinary opportunity to be part of a high-performing team and to pursue a life-changing mission.
This position can be fully remote for US and Canada-based applicants. US applicants may also opt to work from our NYC office, when it's safe to return.
- Architect and develop scalable, reliable and high-performance cloud applications and services.
- Maintain and enhance current products and services to best serve our customers
- Build solutions in line with Paige's software architecture based on microservices pattern
- Implement and test new features while applying software development best practices such as automated testing, DevOps, monitoring
- Collaborate with peers and stakeholders to define technical solutions within the digital pathology field
- Work within a cross-disciplinary agile team
- Mentor and train less experienced team members
- Extensive experience with NoSQL (e.g. Redis, MongoDB) and relational databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with containers (e.g. Docker, ContainerD) and container orchestration (Kubernetes or equivalent)
- Experience with debugging and observability software (e.g. logging, metrics, alerting)
- Extensive experience with software testing (unit testing, integration testing, performance testing, API testing).
- You enjoy working on cross-disciplinary and agile teams.
- You hold a minimum of a Bachelors degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent years of experience.
- You are authorized to work in the United States or Canada.
Snr Backend Engineer: life-changing mission, US/Canada location at Paige (New York, NY) (allows remote)
Tags: python, nosql, containers, cloud, c#