Senior Angular Front End Engineer
Remote job description
Who we are:
We are industry veterans and data-scientists using innovative technology to fearlessly reinvent the future of freight. As the 'nerds of logistics', we seek intelligence in data to solve deep rooted inefficiencies in the industry. We give shippers, brokers and carriers access to our data connections that link supply and demand and a suite of award-winning solutions to strike the perfect balance of cost and service. We're creating a more efficient and environmentally responsible way to move more with less.
Where we are:
Loadsmart was founded in New York and is currently headquartered in Chicago, IL. Our teams operate remotely from different parts of the United States as well as in several locations across Latin America.
Who you are:
You are curious to impact a 700 billion dollar industry of logistics. You know how to develop front end products with the help from design. You are a user interface expert, you like working in a hands-on environment and enjoy teamwork. You are a problem solver, not a requirement follower.
You will help to build and maintain the existing front-end initiatives we have on the team, and also plan new projects and help the front-end team grow responsibly.
- Discuss good practices for software modularization and feel comfortable suggesting contributions to build our set of internal guidelines and shared code
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers and Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Create unit tests using frameworks like mocha or jest
- Identify front-end bottlenecks and optimize the webpage performance to improve the user experience.
- Integrate frontend and backend through REST APIs.
- Mentor other engineers and share knowledge with them.
- Communication. You're very comfortable communicating in English (both written and spoken) - you will work in an international team with native and non-native English speakers
- Experience using web build tools, such as Webpack, Gulp, and Grunt
- Experience with best practices for web performance optimization
- Passion. Be passionate about creating clean, highly maintainable, and structured code, supported by unit and integration tests
- Collaboration with Back End. Experience with integrating REST APIs as well as their design so you can also collaborate on its definition together with our backend team
- Collaboration with Design. Working knowledge of UI/UX practices, as well as understanding the web standards
- Curiosity. You're keen on learning new technologies and tools as well as evaluating their pros and cons. You're a pragmatic programmer. You ask questions and are eager to learn more
- Leadership. You have mentored others and helped them become the best version of themselves. You are a reference to the group and keep up with their training needs - it is a plus.
- Deep Computer Science knowledge, including Data Structures and Algorithms.
Job title: Senior Angular Front End Engineer (Remote-LatAm) at Loadsmart () (allows remote)