Salesforce Engineer, Support Systems
Remote job description
The Support Systems engineering team builds and maintains the internal support applications that lets Stripe users talk to Stripe teams thousands of times a day.
Businesses that run on Stripe, from fledgling start ups to household names, place significant trust in Stripe to accelerate their success. This makes our user-facing teams, and the software layer that connects them with users, mission-critical: users need fast, accurate, contextualized answers to their questions, 24/7, over phone, chat, and email.
The Support Systems engineering team builds and delivers tooling and services to enable Stripe's user operations team to provide high-quality customer support interactions and scale with Stripe's growth. We're accountable for the quality and reliability of these systems and we use data and firsthand user research to continuously improve it. We're a small, distributed team of capable, friendly, user-oriented engineers and we partner closely with Stripe's world-class design, product, infrastructure, and operational teams.
- Effectively work autonomously and collaboratively to design and implement both tactical and project related deliverables
- Work closely with support teams and business partners to understand and refine requirements, objectives, and processes to drive strategic solutions
- Help lead the support systems vision, by proactively identifying inefficiencies in our current systems and iterate on improvements
- Build for scale by designing holistically, with a focus on flexibility and maintainability
- Ensure appropriate controls and documentation are followed to create an effective control environment
We're looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of Salesforce development experience, either in the Salesforce Service or Sales Cloud
- Salesforce integration experience with third-party technologies or custom built applications/services
- Excellent analytical skills, combined with impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate effectively with management, support, IT, vendors and international teams
- Proven ability to deal with ambiguity in a rapidly changing business environment, resolve problems and offer impacting solutions
Nice to haves:
- Have experience developing support ticketing systems
- Seek out feedback from your users and empathetically advocate for them throughout the product development process
- Take pride in shepherding projects from ideation to completion, where completion often involves partnering with operational teams to carefully roll out changes that affect their workflows
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different functions, stakeholders, and subject matter experts
Company name: Stripe
Remote job title: Salesforce Engineer, Support Systems