Principal Software Engineer, Front End
Remote job description
You will be part of the Engineering leadership team at ServiceTitan responsible for the technical direction of our product. We provide exciting opportunities to make an immediate impact in our rapidly growing startup. We are quality minded, use the most modern tools on the Microsoft .NET platform, have an amazing culture, and love to solve complex problems. Over 50,000 people depend on our software to perform all their daily activities.
We are looking for someone to lead all technical aspects of an engineering team at ServiceTitan. We need a highly technical, forward-looking, leader who will own the technical vision of a squad and be accountable for the successful execution of that vision. We also desire those who can balance rapid iteration and development with high product quality expectations and who are innovative and comfortable with ambiguity.As our Principal Software Engineer, Front-End, you will:
- Own from end to end the short and long term technical vision of your squad
- Be responsible for all major technical decisions for your squad (a successful lead will be able to influence the decisions of their team without having to make all of them)
- Provide technical mentorship and guidance to engineers within your team and others
- Help your team to improve the technical quality of their work through regular technical design and code reviews
- Share your technical knowledge and expertise through regular tech talks and/or blog posts
- Communicate effectively with engineers, product managers, customers, partners, and other leaders
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Knowledge of commonly used algorithms and data structures
- Heavy use of one of well-known UI libraries (React, Angular, Knockout.js, etc.)
- Building reusable UI components
- Interaction with external APIs
- Asynchronous programming + promises
- Solving UI-related performance problems.
- 3+ years of HTML/CSS experience
- An ability to learn fast and passion for learning
- Good communication and technical writing skills.
If you're familiar with C#, it's a big plus — we use Microsoft .NET technology stack (C# / .NET, ASP.NET MVC, Web APIs, Microsoft SQL Server).
ServiceTitan is the world's leading and fastest-growing software technology platform for the trades, a trillion-dollar global industry. We help small business entrepreneurs run and grow their businesses. For more information about ServiceTitan, visit www.ServiceTitan.com.
Perks & Benefits
- 1. Work/Life Balance: flexible work schedule, flexible PTO
- 2. Family-Friendly Benefits: extended parental leave, pregnancy support, 20k in adoption reimbursement, Snoo Smart Sleeper, back-up childcare credits, legal benefit, discounted pet insurance
- 3. Enrichment: ongoing learning culture with access to Linkedin Learning and professional development workshops, diversity charter groups, orientation program, career pathing opportunities, mentorship programs
- 4. Health & Wellness: company-paid medical/vision/dental/life insurance/disability, employer HSA contribution, free One Medical membership, care coordination support, 401(k) with company match, stipend for home office equipment/supplies, gym discounts, monthly cell phone stipend
Equal Opportunity Employer
ServiceTitan does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. At ServiceTitan, our mission is to help our Titans and customers achieve the extraordinary. We are an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate the diversity that each Titan brings to the table. We believe that the convergence of fresh, unique perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great - and there's always room for more.
Job title: Principal Software Engineer, Front End
Job tags: business services, saas / subscription, smb