Mobile Developer iOS Support Tribe
Remote job description
Wise is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and we're on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We've got 10 million customers across the globe and that number is growing. Fast.
Current financial systems don't let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
- So, we've been building a new one.
- We are looking for experienced iOS engineers at all levels to join our mission and help provide our customers with the best mobile experience possible.
- We work in small, autonomous cross-functional teams. Team members own the problems and provide best in class solutions for our customers.
The Operations team at Wise behind the scenes makes using Wise a world class experience. Still there are some problems along the way that our users may encounter and will need our help to solve it. In this team, Getting Help, you are going to focus on understanding those problems in order to find ways and build features that either eliminate those problems or help customers solve it on their own seamlessly and instantly. You will be working across all our core products (account, transfers, cards, platform, business) in this pursuit of making using Wise completely effortless.
What does it take?
- Experience with building iOS apps that delight users
- Thinking from the customer perspective and putting them at the heart of everything you do
- A passion for product quality and user experience, attention to detail
- Knowledgeable about product engineering (or have the desire to learn it)
- Ability to both collaborate effectively with your team and solve problems independently and proactively
- Great communication skills and the ability to articulate complex, technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Full-stack iOS development (we work in small teams, each with one or two mobile engineers, it's likely you'll be in charge of a feature from API to UI)
- Know SOLID ways to implement clean architecture, writing readable code that is testable (we currently work with VIPER but are continuously evaluating the latest architectures/methodologies - SwiftUI and Combine are nice to have)
- We value experience with state-of-art technologies, but we value eagerness to learn them even more
- What the first six months look like?
- You'll have on-boarded and found your place by understanding your team and guild vision and how you can contribute
- You'll have an understanding of your team's domain and our tech culture
- You'll have fully shipped new features, from planning to release, and kept monitoring their adoption once live
- You'll have gone through two quarterly plannings and proposed ideas to take our product further
What you get back?
- The autonomy to solve problems your way
- The freedom to have real impact
- Loads of development opportunities
- A fun work environment with social activities and events
- And more... Check out our offer here.
Interested? Find out more:
- How we work - a practical guide
- TransferWise Vlogs: Omar, Engineering Lead
- Engineering team blog
- How our Engineers build new features
We're people without borders - without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you're passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you'll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you've got great experience, the right skills for the role and you're great at articulating your thinking, we'd like to hear from you.
Company name: Wise
Remote job title: Mobile Developer iOS Support Tribe
Job tags: marketplace, fintech, forex, sharing economy