IT Software Architect
Remote job description
As a Full-stack Developer at Nelnet, you will build the next generation platform in the lending industry. You will work closely with Product Owners, Scrum Masters and other team members to better understand their needs in order to create new products that will impact the life of millions of customers. You will participate the development of cloud native products using microservices architecture and other leading edge technologies and practices.
The IT Software Architect will design enterprise wide cross-functional solutions and provide guidance and leadership to technical teams.
- Lead and/or participate in solution design to satisfy a wide range of business needs.
- Act as a consultant with internal and external clients to understand business needs and identify potential solutions.
- Provide technical direction, training, and mentoring to technical team members.
- Develop and champion Best Practices and Standards in the areas of technology and security.
- Provide oversight to ensure adherence to methodologies, best practices and standards.
- Keep abreast of advancements and changes in technology and develop an understanding of how new technologies can be leveraged provide business solutions.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science.
6 years experience in software development with a strong expertise in at least one key competency.
2 to 3 years experience as a technical or development leader with a demonstrated ability to deliver medium to large scale technology solutions.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Strong relational database knowledge.
- Understanding of best practices and methods to integrate applications within the organization and with external partners.
- In-depth knowledge of the full software development lifecycle; with exposure to agile or iterative approaches to delivery preferred.
- Working knowledge of the network and/or server infrastructure required to host an application on the platforms in areas of expertise.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill; with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and business functions.
- Business acumen in proposing feasible business solutions.
- Self-directed; highly motivated with the ability to motivate and inspire team members.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.Summary
Job title: IT Software Architect at Nelnet (Centennial, CO) (allows remote)