Hybrid Mobile App Developer
Remote job description
COVID19 Update 1/1/2021: I'm grateful to say that due to the essential nature of our client base, our sales and operations pipelines have not been negatively impacted by COVID-19. We offer full WFH and will provide the necessary equipment for a home-based set-up (laptop, 4K monitors, keyboard/mouse, etc)
Susco is in the Greater New Orleans Area and is one of the fastest-growing tech companies in Louisiana. We develop custom web-based business software with a focus on legacy system conversions. Our primary development platforms are C# .NET for web services and Ionic/Cordova for mobile apps.
We're looking for a developer with experience in hybrid mobile app development using Ionic framework with either Cordova or Capacitor. Developers at our shop have historically been full-stack generalists and, due to recent growth, we are looking for a developer with a stronger mobile skillset. The successful candidate will feel comfortable building out a mobile application as well as the API that feeds it.
Our ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of either Ionic Capacitor or Apache Cordova, the plugin system and Angular, and has managed the development of a mobile application from start to App Store release.
- 8+ years experience developing software
- Mobile / Front-end
- 5+ years experience of general mobile application development
- 3+ years experience with Apache Cordova or Ionic
- 3+ years experience with Angular (not AngularJS, but if you started with one and moved to the other than then let's talk)
- Familiarity with the mobile development lifecycle, pros and cons of hybrid app development
- Understanding of Apple and Android certificate and profile management
- A basic understanding of the Box Model and how layouts are managed on the page
- Decent understanding of SQL
- Experience building REST APIs
- We're a C# shop but we've had people from a variety of backgrounds succeed. Regardless of the specific framework, have you:
- Written a database migration?
- Developed a service layer to retrieve data and apply business logic?
- Delivered that to a mobile app?
- Experience with Ionic Capacitor
- Built or maintained a custom Cordova or Capacitor plugin OR forked an old plugin (to fix bugs, update to a new OS version, etc)
- Experience with front-end and/or mobile-specific testing frameworks
- Demonstrable knowledge of Java and Android architecture
- Demonstrable knowledge of Swift and iOS architecture
- Experience with CI tools for mobile development
- 15 days of annual PTO / 9 Holidays
- Long & Short Term Disability
- 401K @ 4% Match (eligible 6mo after start, beginning of said quarter)
- 3 Days annual self-directed learning days
- Ad-Hoc wellness based gifts/subsidized meditation training
- Health, Life, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Individual Development Plan - cover career and personal development
- 100% remote work
- Company paid outings 1/month
- Company paid lunches 1+/month
- Referral program: 5% of first year revenue and 2.5% of every year thereafter a client stays (contingent on employment w/ Susco)
- Robust Company Library
- Monthly Book Club - we cycle between personal, professional, and organizational development books, and it's employee-driven
- Concierge service to help with groceries, Costco runs, small errands, car wash etc. (NOLA based employees only)
- Gym subsidy
To enable people to contribute in more fulfilling and meaningful ways.
To transform organizations with intuitive software. Our software frees people from tedious work, removes painful recurring costs, and allows organizations to control their own data, workflow, and user-experience.
Growth: We believe we can create a better world by constantly growing as individuals, resulting in growth for the Company and growth for our clients.
Communication: We believe everyone deserves to feel like they have been heard and understood. We don't complain about things under our control. We accept constructive criticism dispassionately.
Action: We believe we don't have good days, we make them. We believe in being proactive and not reactive. Passivity leads to a lack of involvement, while our focus is on creating the future. We don't complain, we identify and solve problems.
Teamwork: We believe that we are human beings first, coworkers second. We strive to be cognizant as people with lives outside of this office. As a high-performance organization, there are times of high stress. In those times, we rally to get the job done and we recognize our behavior and performance impacts our team.
Efficiency: We believe in learning from our mistakes the first time. We believe there is a time and place for complex solutions for complex problems. We also have the ability to decompose complex problems into simpler problems. When we see a problem or inefficiency, we have both the responsibility and the ability to propose solutions.Summary
Company name: Susco
Remote job title: Hybrid Mobile App Developer (Ionic, Cordova, Capacitor, Angular) at Susco (New Orleans, LA) (allows remote)
Job tags: ionic, cordova, mobile