Go Back End Engineer
Remote job description
Who we are:
We are industry veterans and data-scientists using innovative technology to fearlessly reinvent the future of freight. As the 'nerds of logistics', we seek intelligence in data to solve deep rooted inefficiencies in the industry. We give shippers, brokers and carriers access to our data connections that link supply and demand and a suite of award-winning solutions to strike the perfect balance of cost and service. We're creating a more efficient and environmentally responsible way to move more with less.
Where we are:
Loadsmart was founded in New York and is currently headquartered in Chicago, IL. Our teams operate remotely from different parts of the United States as well as in several locations across Latin America.
Who you are:
You believe in game-changing innovations and are excited about reimagine a 700 billion dollar industry. You take your impact seriously. You are passionate about building solutions that create sustainable, resilient, long-lasting value. You are a first-rate software engineer, with experience and a proven ability to think strategically, creatively, commercially, programmatically.
The person in this position will be responsible for creating, developing and maintaining services written mainly in Go, to support the Sourcing Automation Squad Group. The day to day work is about understanding the business needs from Product, and having the autonomy to achieve the results developing new features and collaborating with the engineering team, product and stakeholders in planning and evolution of existing features, allowing the product to grow in a sustainable way.
The Sourcing Automation team is responsible for all the carrier products created in Loadsmart. These products are developed to help millions of carriers in the United States to keep their trucks full and their drivers happy, allowing them to be more profitable.
Under Sourcing Automation, you will help create these products and establish a one stop shop for carriers across the United States, allowing them to book and haul loads, get paid, plan their schedules and trips and help small to medium carriers to be profitable.
- Plan, Design and implement software written in Go
- Plan, Design and implement integrations with Loadsmart's partners
- Collaborate with Product department in order to specify new features and guide the specification of new software to be developed
- Good level of English (both written and spoken) and feel comfortable talking to native and non-native English speakers on a daily basis.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience writing software in Go
- Minimum of 3 years of experience writing software for web applications
- Ability to lead the implementation of new features
- Knowledge of software and architectural design patterns
- Skilled with version control software, such as Git
- Experience with AWS ecosystem (RDS, Kinesis, API Gateway)
- Experience with GCP is a plus
- Experience with Linux OS
Job title: Go Back End Engineer (Remote-LatAm) at Loadsmart () (allows remote)
Job tags: golang, gcp, aws, linux