Geospatial Software Engineer
Remote job description
About the Job
Element 84 is hiring a Geospatial Software Engineer to join our team in building software that uses the latest cloud-based capabilities and technologies for meaningful projects in the public and private sector.
You'll join a small team of multidisciplinary designers and front-end engineers working to solve challenging problems in geospatial, healthcare, disaster response, and transportation. We're a small company with big roles, and you'll be able to make an impact on day one.
You'll care about writing. Our team is remote and written communication is essential. In addition to caring about a well-crafted email and a succinct conference abstract, you understand that good writing is good design and engineering.
Remote candidates welcome.
Here are the guidelines we're looking at to gauge experience and skillset:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, GIS Systems, or other related scientific or technical discipline (or equivalent).
- Knowledge and understanding of Cloud computing.
- Knowledge and experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) technologies and software packages and tools.
- Experience developing in data languages for Earth science data, including Python
- Proficiency working in a UNIX/Linux command-line environment and shell scripting
- Experience with reading, subsetting, interpreting, and utilizing geospatially referenced and structured data for research and applications.
- Familiarity with the git source code management system
- Computational geometry knowledge.
- Prior scientific programming experience.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Strong motivation for complex challenges and learning new technologies
- Willingness to support fully operational systems (with a team, of course!) and travel to support project meetings and conferences
- Be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Familiarity and experience in metadata standards (e.g. ISO19115, STAC, NASA UMM, etc.) and conventions (Climate and Forecasting).
- AWS, GCP or Azure experience and certifications
- Authorship or co-authorship on scientific or technical posters or papers within the domain of remote sensing data
- Experience with development and delivery of software documentation, such as requirements documents, test plans, and design description documents
This position may be governed by a federal contract which requires the applicant to be a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. Element 84 is unable to sponsor applicants for work visas at this time.Summary
Company name: Element 84
Remote job title: Geospatial Software Engineer at Element 84 (allows remote)
Job tags: python, linux, design, aws