Remote job description
We need someone who will:
- Research, evaluate, prototype, and productize integrations with partners' APIs
- Develop new features and maintain existing ones (NodeJS)
- Work with Design to build customer-facing features for our mobile and desktop wallets (React / React Native / Redux)
- Build tooling that enables our Support team to monitor, triage and resolve customer issues.
- Collaborate with other teams, e.g. product, design, mobile/desktop, support, to resolve potential product launch blockers ahead of time
- Think like an attacker: Help us identify the risks/attack vectors for a design
- Think like a product owner: What will delight users? What are the acceptable risks?
What We Are Looking For
Characteristics we are looking for in this role:
- Strong NodeJS and React/Redux background.
- Team-oriented and derives fulfillment from helping others succeed.
- Self-motivated, well organized, and an excellent communicator - both written and verbal.
- Ability to break down features into tasks.
- Debugging skills. Remember that time you tinkered something into submission? We'd love to hear about it
- Experience collaborating with others with a pull-request based workflow
Bonus Points / Nice to Haves
- Active Github profile
- Understanding of cryptographic primitives like hashing, macs, PK-crypto, and signing
- Significant experience with: React Native, jest, GH actions, Postgres, AWS, CI/CD
- Experience/understanding payment processing / payment gateways, e.g. ACH, PCI compliance
Exodus is a multi-asset cryptocurrency wallet with a built-in exchange feature. We started our movement in 2015 and have been a distributed team since then. Our mission is to help half of the world exit the traditional financial system and move into the crypto financial system by the year 2030. To do that we want to make sure we hire the best of the best: people who are intrinsically motivated by what we are trying to achieve and who love what they do professionally.
What we Offer
- Freedom to work wherever you want, whenever you want.
- Building the future. Cryptocurrencies lay the foundation to the internet of value, the next major wave in application technology and personal finance.
- Collaborative and feedback-driven culture.
- Opportunity to grow.
- Fair pay, no matter where you live along with a competitive benefits package.
- 100% pay in Bitcoin with a buffer to account for price changes and exchange fees.
Health: Most of our health insurance plans are covered 100% for you and covered 50% for your dependents. We'll also cover dental insurance. If you are outside of the United States, we will reimburse you up to $500 per month for any medical and dental insurance for you and your dependents.
PTO: 30 days of paid time off per year on top of a flexible schedule where you can work wherever and whenever. If you're part-time with us, you'll still receive 15 days of paid time off.
Unlimited Bereavement: We will pay you your full salary for the first two weeks for the loss of any immediate family members but we allow you to take all the time you need to grieve outside of that.
Parental Leave: 12 weeks of fully paid leave with and a month of flexible work for the primary caregiver.
Tax help: Getting paid in Bitcoin new to you? Don't worry! We will reimburse you for speaking with a professional tax specialist in your state/country to make sure everything is taken care of.
Perks: Exodus offers a variety of seasonal perks including free subscriptions to services like Calm and Masterclass, coverage for gym memberships and therapy. We want to make sure all of our employees know they are our priority and we give back for your hard work often.
Company name: Exodus.io