Full Stack Software Engineer, Trust and Transparency
Remote job description
We're a leading online reviews platform, free and open to all. Our mission is to be a universal symbol of trust. We are well on our way - but there's still an exciting journey ahead of us. Do you want to join us?
We are looking for an experienced Software engineer to join one of our Trust and Transparency teams, with focus on fraud detection and protecting the integrity of our platform. You will work together with engineers, data scientists, designers, analysts, product managers and stakeholders to solve business problems related to community policies and guidelines violations. As an Engineer in Trust and Transparency, you will design, implement and deliver highly scalable solutions to support, optimise and automate our internal processes to help protect the Trustpilot community and its users, the company, the open platform, and thus increase trust. You will interact closely with a fantastic bunch of people from diverse business areas.
In your role, you will:
- Design, implement and deliver scalable cloud native solutions
- Work together with your team on defining and implementing the team vision
- Deliver products or services that stand for quality and excellent user experience standards
- Identify and promote opportunities to improve our systems
- Work in an iterative and collaborative way
- Ensure observability of the systems owned by your team
We are looking for people with:
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- Proven knowledge of engineering best practices (observability, configuration management, test automation)
- Proven experience with modern cloud architecture (microservices, serverless, events driven)
- Proven experience with object-oriented programming languages (we use Typescript, Python and C# among others)
- Experience with developing scalable systems
- Ability to be pragmatic, get things done and pick up new tools and technologies
- Take ownership of the full development lifecycle, you'll work with stakeholders and own your changes through to production.
- Motivation to deliver quality results in an agile and ever-evolving environment
A group of motivated engineers working in cross-functional teams while still enjoying the close-knit community within the Research & Development organization, where we share knowledge. With a wide variety of cultures in our team, we get to enjoy many different viewpoints, and our talks are always lively and fun.
A typical week for you will involve a planning meeting within your team, where you discuss the current tasks at hand and align on what creates the most value towards our current goal, and daily stand-ups where you can discuss the progress of your current tasks as well as any issues you might see.
You will also have regular 1-on-1s with your manager, where you will be able to work on your personal growth and development, by setting clear goals, receiving actionable feedback and discussing possible learning resources and opportunities.
Some relevant technologies and services we use:
- Infrastructure: AWS (ECS, Lambda, SNS, SQS), Docker, CloudFormation
- Frontend: React, Style Components, CSS Module, SASS
- Database: DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, BigQuery
- Find more on http://stackshare.io/trustpilot
- Competitive salary plus eligibility for bonus based on company KPIs
- "20% time", where you have the opportunity to innovate yourself and learn new things
- Cross-functional teams working on challenging business problems
- High ambitions for technology as well as deliveries
- Budget for training and learning
- Team building & Events
- Two (paid) volunteering days a year to spend your time giving back to the causes that matter to you and your community
- To apply for this position, please submit your CV telling us why you think you'd be great for this job.
- If you have questions, please feel free to contact our Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist, Helle Gundersen at firstname.lastname@example.org
At Trustpilot, we're passionate about our mission to offer a free and open to all review platform, built on collaboration. For consumers, we're a place to connect with and influence businesses. For companies, we're a platform for progress; a way to improve and innovate by engaging and collaborating with consumers. Working here is an opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated people in a rapidly growing, fast-paced and agile environment.
With vibrant office locations all around the world and over 40 nationalities, we're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace with diverse perspectives and ideas. We work hard every day, but we also take the time to catch up with colleagues over a game of ping-pong, a cup of coffee or maybe grab a beer after work.
Trustpilot is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Trustpilot is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Trustpilot are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Trustpilot will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Trustpilot encourages applicants of all ages.
Company name: Trustpilot
Remote job title: Full Stack Software Engineer, Trust and Transparency
Job tags: saas / subscription, business services, retail