Full Stack-Engineer Analytics
Remote job description
Lever was founded nine years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We're building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Atlassian, KPMG, and McGraw-Hill Education rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We're extraordinarily proud of the company we've built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Our people are Lever's biggest competitive advantage and we'll continue investing in our "Leveroos" and people-first culture.
Lever Talent Intelligence, Lever's advanced analytics application, is built on top of Tableau Server. Our next generation of reporting features is built on the Looker platform. We are in the process of translating and improving on what we have in Tableau into Looker to enable a smooth transition for customers. At the end of this process, we will sunset our Tableau Server and consolidate our analytics features into Looker.
This is where you come in. You will help evolve Lever's analytics features to help Lever's customers recruit more efficiently and more predictably. This position will focus on our Looker integration while helping maintain our Tableau Server integration.
As an engineer on the Analytics team, you will be able to help build the next generation of talent analytics at Lever. You will have the chance to work directly with experienced data analysts and reporting ETL engineers to provide a best-in-class analytics solution. Lever wants to set the analytics standard for recruiting, you help us establish that standard.
As part of your daily work, you will have the opportunity to build expertise in multiple Business Intelligence tools. You will be able to exercise and strengthen your automation and efficiency skills. You will learn about state of the art data infrastructure like Kafka and Snowflake. You will be on the team building the best-in-class talent analytics suite.
Lever's reporting engineering team combines ETL engineers, data analysts, designers, and product managers to build, define, and design analytics products for customers. You will join the team as an software engineer building and maintaining advanced analytics products for Lever's customers.
You will collaborate closely with the ETL engineers to build software that makes our Business Intelligence tools more efficient. You will work closely with the Data Analysts and Talent Analytics Consultants who build dashboards and other data related content for customers. You will consult and help guide a product and design team that strives to build features to connect human potential to meaningful work.
The skill set:
- 2+ years of software engineering experience
- An understanding or strong desire to learn Business Intelligence tools, like Looker, and the problems they solve
- Knowledge of Looker is a plus, a desire to learn Looker is a must
- A desire to teach others with the communication skills needed to effectively share knowledge
- Empathy for users within Lever and the Lever customer
Within 1 month, you'll:
- Complete Ramp Camp, our comprehensive onboarding program designed to get you up to speed on all aspects of the business with a cross-functional cohort of new Leveroos. You'll learn about our business, product, vision and team and gain an understanding about how your role fits into Lever's broader organization.
- Learn about the technology behind Lever Talent Intelligence, Data Warehouse Sync, and Visual Insights
- Meet internal users of Business Intelligence tools
Within 3 months, you'll:
- Learn about Looker's feature set and how they map to Tableau's
- Help design automated data quality tests for custom analytics
- Participate in Lever's analytics product development process and ship your first feature to customers.
- Engage in your first on-call rotation in analytics to help diagnose and resolve production problems and customer issues.
Within 6 months, you'll:
- Build a framework for writing automated data quality tests
- Support the migration from Tableau Server to Looker by adding additional automation
- Customize Looker with new visualizations to improve customer experience
- Contribute to the long-term roadmap of the analytics team
Within 12 months, you'll:
- Improve performance of Looker calculations with pre-calculated aggregations
- Contribute public Lever data to the Looker Marketplace
- Automate continuous data quality testing
Is this role not an exact fit?
The lever story
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Atlassian, KPMG, and McGraw-Hill Education, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don't hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Company name: Lever
Remote job title: Full Stack-Engineer Analytics
Job tags: saas / subscription, freemium, business services, hr, recruitment