Bowtie Life Insurance Company Limited
Remote job description
- Develop and ship customer-centric frontend feature for Bowtie's web application
- Some projects that you may work on include our customer portal, group insurance portal, healthcare-related applications, and insurance workflow system.
- Working cross-functionally with the product, data, design, and engineering to build products from initial conception to testing and rollout
- Finding new approaches, improving the developer experience, and removing any friction around applying Bowtie's signature design
- Drive the adoption of our design system across the company, within all of our apps and integrations though a model of cross-functional collaboration
- For a senior position, growing the team by attracting, onboarding, and coaching new/junior engineers
- Build accessible and customer-centric web applications to support our vision of making insurance good again
- 4+ years of working experience as a software engineer (candidate with fewer years of experience will be considered for our junior role. You may apply using this application form)
- Ability to present and explain complex concepts and solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Self-motivated and self-managing with great organizational skills and able to leading, planning, and executing complex technical projects from start to finish
- Be autonomous. You take full ownership of your work and drive your personal development. And you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way
- Working knowledge of TypeScript
- Experience in any of the following fields:
- Design system
- Customer platform
- Admin portal
- Experience in contributing to open-source projects
- Experience in working in a product team
- Experience in working in both frontend and backend
- Experienced in the financial and insurance industry
- You advocate software craftsmanship and take pride in your work
- Django & Django REST
About the Job
What will your day-to-day look like?
Our engineers never work in a silo. You will be working in a cross-functional team that's responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. You will be directly interacting with teammates from different departments.
While communication is crucial, we do appreciate that engineers need a quiet and disturbance-free environment to be the most productive. We make arrangements to let our engineers work from home since our early days and we have flexible hours policies that let people work on their schedule as long as they can effectively collaborate with different parties.
We work together as a team and our engineers never work in silos.
Cross-team collaboration is the key ingredient to our success. As an engineer at Bowtie, you will be participating in meetings with different stakeholders and a cross-functional project team from early on in the product development process. This is to make sure that engineering challenges / barriers will be uncovered and discussed at an early stage of design/decision making.
We are on a constant search for better ways to operate. At the moment, we are exploring the benefit of the 6-week sprint cycle from Basecamp. But we are always happy to take on new suggestions and discover alternative options.
We are a lean team, but we have built/are building some big softwares that take hundreds of engineers and years to build.
If you are looking to join a multi-award-winning team (HKICT Fintech Award Winner of 2017, Hong Kong Insurance Award 2020, just to name a few) that has been featured and recognised by tech companies, such as AWS, get in touch today!
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.
The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.
Company name: Bowtie Life Insurance Company Limited
Remote job title: (Senior) Frontend Engineer at Bowtie Life Insurance Company Limited () (allows remote)